Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 4:24am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
If this has been brought up before, tell me and I'll cheerfully withdraw the thread. It takes a while to search the forum on my dialup so I have to admit I didn't bother.

My least favorite is the one I must do every morning - cleaning up cat hairballs.

joan

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 5:58am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Dusting and vacuuming - so I don't do it. Eventually my husband gets round to it. Dust never bothers me.

Katrina

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 7:11am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
I'd have to go with vacuuming, too, just because vacuums are really heavy and I have no arm strength. And my dad always sits there commenting on my lack of skills because I can never make the straight line things.

But really, I dislike anything I have to do in my dorm because my roommate never does a darn thing! She's awesome, just really lazy and sloppy. Really. I just want to be like (in my talking-to-a-two-year-old-voice), "You see how the trash is full? Well, there's a big trash can down the hall where all our trash goes!" I think she thinks things get cleaned by house elves when she's taking five hour naps in the middle of the day.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

andrealein

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 11:37am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
It's too hard to name only one. Dusting, yes... because when you're finished you could start all over again. So why do it in the first place? Vacuuming wouldn't be so bad if I didn't hate that noise so much. *shiver when I think about it* But I think I have a least favourite one: cleaning the cooker hood (at least that's what the dictionary tells me it's called), especially when you move into a flat with a kitchen shared by ten persons and it hasn't been done for over a year. Most digusting thing I've done in a long time!
I like cleaning mirrors or glass tables (windows are way too tiring) because you actually see that you've done something when it's clean and shiny.

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 12:01pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
I never do any ironing, but I don't mind it that much I just can't be bothered. I think the most pointless is drying up as the plates will just dry anyway! I quite enjoy hoovering so perhaps I'm a bit strange. Washing up is fine, as long as I have gloves, if I don't I get squeamish about soggy lumps of food in the bottom of the bowl.

I think on balance the most annoying is hanging up the clothes to dry as I never seem to have spare space in a basket and always discover an odd sock or too.

That would be me.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 3:26pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Chores? Jeeves attends to that beastly business for me. *pops off to the Drones to throw rolls at waiters*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

fanoffry

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 3:35pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Since I am sadly without Jeeves or house elves, I'd have to say my least favourite is cleaning the toilet and the shower. Bleh.

Fortunately, I live with my grandparents, and my grandpa is retired. With little else to do, he often does much of the cleaning while I'm at school!

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 4:46pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
I'd have to go with vacuuming, too, just because vacuums are really heavy and I have no arm strength. And my dad always sits there commenting on my lack of skills because I can never make the straight line things.

But really, I dislike anything I have to do in my dorm because my roommate never does a darn thing! She's awesome, just really lazy and sloppy. Really. I just want to be like (in my talking-to-a-two-year-old-voice), "You see how the trash is full? Well, there's a big trash can down the hall where all our trash goes!" I think she thinks things get cleaned by house elves when she's taking five hour naps in the middle of the day.

After my first year at college, I never had another roommate. Enrollment was way down in the early 80s because of a recession I remember as just about as bad as this one. Anyway, I couldn't complain about the mess because it all belonged to me.

I also had a friend who kept a filthy room and slept five hours during the day. I wonder what she did all night to make her so tired??????

Help

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 4:50pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?

For some reason I'm quite fond of hoovering/vacuuming. I'm not sure why, I don't like hoovering the stairs though, that just seems like an accident waiting to happen!

AlmightyNaji

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 8:37pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Probably cleaning the oven and microwave and such.
Bleh...

Katrina

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 10:04pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?

After my first year at college, I never had another roommate. Enrollment was way down in the early 80s because of a recession I remember as just about as bad as this one. Anyway, I couldn't complain about the mess because it all belonged to me.

I also had a friend who kept a filthy room and slept five hours during the day. I wonder what she did all night to make her so tired??????

The weird thing is, I go bed way later than my roommate, but she just has this overwhelming need to sleep 18 hours a day. I'm totally cool with having roommates in general, though. I move into the sorority house next semester (!!!!!!), so I'll have about ninety, it's just that I didn't choose who I lived with this year.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 10:41pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?

The weird thing is, I go bed way later than my roommate, but she just has this overwhelming need to sleep 18 hours a day. I'm totally cool with having roommates in general, though. I move into the sorority house next semester (!!!!!!), so I'll have about ninety, it's just that I didn't choose who I lived with this year.

You'll enjoy that. My sister was in a sorority at MSU and she loved it. She once told me about their giant chore chart. For some reason, she usually had to do the bathrooms. To this day, her bathrooms are pristine.

You know what's weird? My son will choose cleaning the toilet over just about any other household chore. I haven't examined this too closely.

michael

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 12:06am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
laundry. not washing it but folding it.

can probly explain toilet thing...it's very quick and easy to do!

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Nitro

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:06am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Washing dishes.

Really? Wow.

michael

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 6:05pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Washing dishes.

oooh...yeah, that was mine for a long time.

but i lucked out this year and got an apartment with a dishwasher.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name