Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 6:52pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Washing dishes.

oooh...yeah, that was mine for a long time.

but i lucked out this year and got an apartment with a dishwasher.

Oh how I despise the wealthy! X-D

Really? Wow.

michael

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 7:23pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Washing dishes.

oooh...yeah, that was mine for a long time.

but i lucked out this year and got an apartment with a dishwasher.

Oh how I despise the wealthy! X-D

no way am i wealthy, i'm in Americorps. when i said lucky, i meant it...i make less than min wage.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Katrina

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 5:18am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?

The weird thing is, I go bed way later than my roommate, but she just has this overwhelming need to sleep 18 hours a day. I'm totally cool with having roommates in general, though. I move into the sorority house next semester (!!!!!!), so I'll have about ninety, it's just that I didn't choose who I lived with this year.

You'll enjoy that. My sister was in a sorority at MSU and she loved it. She once told me about their giant chore chart. For some reason, she usually had to do the bathrooms. To this day, her bathrooms are pristine.

You know what's weird? My son will choose cleaning the toilet over just about any other household chore. I haven't examined this too closely.

May I ask what house she's in (some people are touchy about talking about their affiliations, I'm Alpha Xi Delta)? All we have to do is keep the kitchen clean, so we have a chart for that, but things like that aren't as much fun now that we can't haze at all. I mean, I don't want to play Circle the Fat or get beaten with broomsticks, but I wouldn't mind feeling like I earned my spot in some way. I don't even think we're technically supposed to say "rush" and "pledges." We are "new members" who went through "recruitment."

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

A_Nurse

Posted Mon Feb 9th, 2009 2:31am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Draining my Aunt Pamela's catheter bag. Not something I had planned on doing approaching my 45th Birthday.

How she ended up living with us on a permanent basis I will never know.

PamJH

Posted Mon Feb 9th, 2009 5:01am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?

May I ask what house she's in (some people are touchy about talking about their affiliations, I'm Alpha Xi Delta)? All we have to do is keep the kitchen clean, so we have a chart for that, but things like that aren't as much fun now that we can't haze at all. I mean, I don't want to play Circle the Fat or get beaten with broomsticks, but I wouldn't mind feeling like I earned my spot in some way. I don't even think we're technically supposed to say "rush" and "pledges." We are "new members" who went through "recruitment."

You know, I don't remember. I will call and ask her; I'm sure she'd have no problem telling me.

My sorority (an independent) is on probation this year for hazing so could not add any pledges. That means the house is down to about 20 women. Pledging has changed so much. We had it for the month of February and went through quite a bit (marching, getting kidnapped, switching swats, Hell Night, etc.) but for some odd reason it made you feel as if you earned membership. People would probably call that being brainwashed or something, but we looked at it as a sort of boot camp.

Now the houses get just two weeks for pledging and the members don't have to do much of anything to get in. But that's the way it's been for 10 years or more, so there's no house memory of doing things differently.

We used to have twice-yearly "Sparkle Sessions" where all the members, whether you lived in the house or not, had to come and help clean. I did hate scrubbing the basement floor.

MarchHare

Posted Mon Feb 9th, 2009 4:27pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Children are my answer to household chores. I told my spawn that I popped them out to do dishes, dust & sweep, as did my parents before them. That this was how adults retired from housework....so shut up and get back to work.

PamJH

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 4:54am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Children are my answer to household chores. I told my spawn that I popped them out to do dishes, dust & sweep, as did my parents before them. That this was how adults retired from housework....so shut up and get back to work.

My daughter actually does tons of housework without being asked. She'd also cook every meal if I let her. I think she was switched at birth with some lazy slugabed who was supposed to be mine. But they're net getting her back!

Now my son, that's a different story.

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 2:36pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Anything to do with the Diaper Genie.......does that count?

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 2:49pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Anything to do with the Diaper Genie.......does that count?

Of course it does. I was under the impression you actually purchased (or hired) a genie for the purpose of disappearing dirty diapers. When I discovered it was merely a receptacle for said items, I was disappointed.

I tried to go the cloth diaper route all those years ago, but after two weeks I'd had enough and began contributing to the appalling load of diapers at the local landfill.

Perhaps if you say 'abracadabra' the Diaper Genie will actually disappear the diapers for you.

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 2:55pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Children are my answer to household chores. I told my spawn that I popped them out to do dishes, dust & sweep, as did my parents before them. That this was how adults retired from housework....so shut up and get back to work. My eldest gets pocket money if he tidies his room once a week. I think I had to pay him three times last year. Clearly I need a better incentive or he's just not mercenary!

That would be me.

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 6:11pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Perhaps if you say 'abracadabra' the Diaper Genie will actually disappear the diapers for you.

We have twins and the Diaper Genie fills up very quickly so believe me I'd much rather chuck those stinkers in the trash

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 3:39am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
mopping

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 8:42am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
anything to do with household chores. Ironing is ok.

joan

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 2:22pm Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Well, what I hate is the secondary side of household chores - the shouting. I do something, such as vacuuming, and my main motivation is to get it done asap. My other half says I've missed most of it. I say it is clearly clean. He then says I should put my specs on. I point out they are reading glasses, and I would see worse, not better. At this point the decibel level has risen to shouting point. He shouts that vanity stops me wearing my specs (untrue).

I chuck down the vacuum and rather graphically tell him where to stick it. He says I'm getting disgusting in my old age. I stomp off into the garden and viciously pull out lots of weeds, till my hands hurt.

Eventually a truce is called, and I decide that I'll never touch the bloody vacuum again.

And I don't.

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 13th, 2009 3:33am Post subject: What's your least favorite household chore?
Well, what I hate is the secondary side of household chores - the shouting. I do something, such as vacuuming, and my main motivation is to get it done asap. My other half says I've missed most of it. I say it is clearly clean. He then says I should put my specs on. I point out they are reading glasses, and I would see worse, not better. At this point the decibel level has risen to shouting point. He shouts that vanity stops me wearing my specs (untrue).

I chuck down the vacuum and rather graphically tell him where to stick it. He says I'm getting disgusting in my old age. I stomp off into the garden and viciously pull out lots of weeds, till my hands hurt.

Eventually a truce is called, and I decide that I'll never touch the bloody vacuum again.

And I don't.

Excellent way to handle the bloody vacuuming. Good job.