Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

AlanNotHim

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 5:34am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
We are still waiting for Absolute Power, QI and Kingdom.

No wonder they have Talk Like A Pirate Day here...

\"Life is not all champaign. Sometimes it is real pain.\"

shatzi

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 6:06am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
I emailed BBC America back in the spring and they said they have "no plans to run it."
Swines.
Make that Arrgghhhhh!

ClareBear

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 6:37am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Regarding QI, we are trying.

http://www.petitiononline.com/usaqi/

Petition needs at least 2500 sigs.

AlanNotHim

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 4:50am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
I watch a lot of British TV. I get frustrated by BBC America. They cut for commercials. They show mostly boring drek. They censor language and do it unevenly. About the only thing they have showed of a recent vintage has been Doctor Who, Torchwood and a few smutty soaps. I sometimes wonder if they even watch the real BBC or anything else.

\"Life is not all champaign. Sometimes it is real pain.\"

ClareBear

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 4:04pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
I just don't understand why they show Footballer's Wives. I's arse. not even a BBC show either.

They need to show Tribe as well.

Hang on, it is aired over there. By the Discovery Channel (Going Tribal).

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 4:34pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
I just don't understand why they show Footballer's Wives. I's arse. not even a BBC show either.

They need to show Tribe as well.

Hang on, it is aired over there. By the Discovery Channel (Going Tribal).

They've finally stopped Footballer's Wives. Now we get Hotel Babylon-woohoo :'( Somebody make them stop.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Envisogon

Posted Fri Oct 5th, 2007 8:14pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
It is a shame really that PBS might get Kingdom before it airs on BBC America. In general PBS shows more quality BBC shows then BBC America itself.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Oct 5th, 2007 10:01pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
It is a shame really that PBS might get Kingdom before it airs on BBC America. In general PBS shows more quality BBC shows then BBC America itself.

...and without the commercials/advertisements.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

shatzi

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 2:01am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Don't forget the Nurses program in BBC America. Slutcoms we call them. Now everytime I turn it on it seems I see Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. The Friday Night funnies are Little Britain, Ab Fab, and The Office, then repeated. They're ok, I esp like Ab Fab and Little Britain but they've been run a million times. There must be more comedies. They ran one last spring I think, after advertising a "new Friday lineup" including that one about a rather odd town with Dawn French and Jenny Saunders, and a really funny/weird one with quick clips of another sort of odd town, and after one night that show was yanked. (The weird one, not Saunders and I have not seen that one for a long time either unless there weren't many made)
UK Gold would be better than the current BBC America.

Envisogon

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 3:02am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Are you Talking about the leaque of Gentleman? That was a good Series. It just really bugs when I see now that PBS is showing show like "Johnathan Creek" and "Absolute Power" And see the BBC America Logo comes up and The First thing that comes to mind was "Hang on don't that Suppose to be On BBC America?" BBC America just not start showing Top Gear. It doesn't make since to me that they can get Top Gear and Not Kingdom or QI.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 3:39am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Once upon a time, BBC America's Friday night line up was The Avengers, The Saint, and The Prisoner. I have four words for that:

FU KING AWE SOME

Now they play shit.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ClareBear

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 6:41am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Make me director of BBC America, and they'll stop playing crap. Guaranteed.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 12:28pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
BBC America sounds rubbish.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 6:20pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
BBC America sounds rubbish.

plus it's cable and i don't mess with that.

pbs is free.

shatzi

Posted Sun Oct 7th, 2007 5:37am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
It wasn't League of Gentlemen, I remember that. One sketch in that odd program had some woman who kept yelling to her boyfriend/husband "I want a f***ing BABY!" in public. It was so weird it was funny.
BBC gave me my first taste of Father Ted so I thank them for that. Now I don't know why I bother flipping it on.