Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Oct 7th, 2007 5:02pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Make me director of BBC America, and they'll stop playing crap. Guaranteed.
How many sinatures do you think that petition would need?

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Oct 7th, 2007 5:04pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Make me director of BBC America, and they'll stop playing crap. Guaranteed.
How many sinatures do you think that petition would need?

sorry-siGnatures

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

glossyibis

Posted Wed Oct 31st, 2007 1:45pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
To my vast astonishment, the little PBS station (WLRN, not the big one) down the road in Miami is showing Kingdom! I happened on it by accident and was floored. They showed the episode with Aeste the guest worker.

So it's out there, and maybe we don't have to wait for BBC America to get off its haunches. Just start bombarding your local PBS station with emails and letters.

No trees were harmed in posting this message, but several million electrons were hopelessly inconvenienced.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Oct 31st, 2007 10:00pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
WHAT!!!???

*grabs paper and a crayon*

Godfather

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 4:15pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Our PBS stations in Maryland don't show any of Stephen's work. They do show the Vicar of Dibley and Keeping Up Appearances and they used to show Chef but they have been doing that for years and I have seen every bloody episode (in fact I own the complete box set for the Vicar and KUA). And for some reason that I will never comprehend, I am constantly assaulted by that dull and boring Judy Dench show, As Time Goes By--no offense to those who enjoy that show, but I just can't bear it.

I wish that they would show Absolute Power or A Bit of Fry and Laurie or any of the Black Adder series but they don't. Its wall to wall As Time Goes By with no end in sight. Somebody help. For God's sake, make them stop!

glossyibis

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 6:45pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Godfather -- so true. One of the PBS stations near me has been playing Are You Being Served for at least 18 years. I know PBS has money, despite their incessant whining. They just don't seem to share our ideas about fresh programming.

No trees were harmed in posting this message, but several million electrons were hopelessly inconvenienced.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 11:41pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
every pledge drive, my pbs shows that ms orman (? something like that) person and shows about how to balance your finances. dood, pbs, balance yours!!

(ours had some sort of scandal...)

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Nov 9th, 2007 12:44am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Absolute Power was on my PBS station the other night. Saturday night @ 11:30, along with The Young Ones and Red Dwarf. Sunday nights Blackadder X-D

Walt Whitman

ClareBear

Posted Fri Nov 9th, 2007 6:52am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Absolute Power was on my PBS station the other night. Saturday night @ 11:30, along with The Young Ones and Red Dwarf. Sunday nights Blackadder X-D

don't you love it when scheduling comes together like that?

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Nov 9th, 2007 2:34pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?

don't you love it when scheduling comes together like that?

Hell yes, and I forgot, The Office is on there as well.

Walt Whitman

j9r

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 5:07am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?

The best one of my local PBS's can do is Jeeves and BOFAL every now and then. I think its time to start sending emails to my local stations.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

DDE

Posted Thu Nov 29th, 2007 2:07am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
I love the show KINGDOM--all 6 episodes--Stephen Fry has such a lovely voice and he is a really good actor. Jeeves & Wooster--hilarious show. X-D

I wish the UK would make Brit shows on DVD available to American audience a lot faster than they do now. Sometimes one has to wait a number of years before getting a Brit show on DVD. I own quite a few Brit shows on DVDs, it is better than what is on American telly (with a few exceptions) these days, IMO.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 12:09am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
SO i emailed my pbs station (which doesn't show any of this stuff you guys are talking about, you lucky lucky ...luckikins.) and they said that they AREN'T PLANNING on having any programming with Mr Fry in it, but that they would submit my request and it would be more likely to happen if I could see about getting some more requests from FRIENDS.

SO HEY YSEBELLA!! SHAYLA!!! ANYBODY ELSE ANYWHERE NEAR SEATTLE??

or, you know what, since i used email they have no way of knowing whether or not i really live in thier area. IF ANY OF YOU WRITE TO MY STATION, I WILL WRITE TO YOURS. deal? mine is kcts. winky winky.

sorry for the rotten all-cappage.

j9r

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 2:47pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
I wish the UK would make Brit shows on DVD available to American audience a lot faster than they do now. Sometimes one has to wait a number of years before getting a Brit show on DVD. I own quite a few Brit shows on DVDs, it is better than what is on American telly (with a few exceptions) these days, IMO.

I have circumvented this by buying a region-free dvd player, it was less than $100 from Amazon. I bought Kingdom immediately from amazon.uk and I just got the Torchwood dvd's over Thanksgiving. Other than the crappy exchange rate right now it works great. You don't get the cleaned up for american broadcast television versions and you get it a lot quicker. I suggest everyone get one.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 4:43am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
OK Banjo,
winky winky back

Walt Whitman