Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

DDE

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 5:11am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
[quote="
I have circumvented this by buying a region-free dvd player, it was less than $100 from Amazon. I bought Kingdom immediately from amazon.uk and I just got the Torchwood dvd's over Thanksgiving. Other than the crappy exchange rate right now it works great. You don't get the cleaned up for american broadcast television versions and you get it a lot quicker. I suggest everyone get one.

I heard about this..good point. I also read somewhere online that one can tweak their VHS/DVD player (I have a combo player), but I cannot remember how to do it and I am afraid of messing up my VHS/DVD player. I may check into a region free DVD player.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 6:03pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
DDE...

dude, you live in the pac. nw?? where? why not write to kcts?

of course, it's great to get downloads and try to figure out a way to watch dvds from the uk.

but it's also great to get more of the public interested in who he is, and possibly get the america doc. aired. (they are in talks to give pbs some rights to show it... if we start writing now, maybe they will show it on our station and some of his other shows.)

squee127

Posted Sat Jan 5th, 2008 12:46am Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
Kingdom will begin airing on PBS this Sunday, 1/6 at 10pm - in the Los Angeles area on KVCR

So check your listings!

btw, I'm new around here, so "hi everybody!"

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2008 7:40pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
I don't normally do this but I'm posting it in this and another thread in case anyone misses it:

Someone has uploaded episode 1 of series 1 of Kingdom onto youtube.] I thought I'd mention as that one's never been up so anyone who hasn't seen it go quick before it disappears!

Assuming direct control...

j9r

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2008 8:33pm Post subject: When will America get Season 1?
My Tivo now lists Kingdom on KTEH starting on 1/21 in the SF Bay Area. Yeah!!!!! Maybe someday will get QI too........

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka