Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 10:53pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
politics, I never cared for them but now I feel that I have to care because something is going really wrong here.
accounting to research done by the university of Leiden and the Anne Frank foundation the party for freedom (pvv) lead by Geert Wilders can be called a extreme right party. the party deny this but I think they are right and this is in our government ? and no one is doing anything about it, there are many complaints by the police of discrimination about this party but they are not doing anything about it. do we really have to wait until the Muslims here are becoming the new Jews, until there is a new holocaust, until it's to late?
I hope not but do fear it.

a insane man with extreme right idea's, a specific group of people to blame for all that is wrong and with bad luck a major economic crises. this sounds to damn familiar to me.
oh and Geert Wilders is going on world tour with his anti Islam film, on behave of the Netherlands I am sorry and ashamed.

I am what I am

toowit_toowoo

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 3:54am Post subject: where is this country going to ?
This is hardly an intelligent response, but I'm really frustrated by the ambiguity of the word "right" in a political conversation.

joan

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 12:56pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
This is hardly an intelligent response, but I'm really frustrated by the ambiguity of the word "right" in a political conversation.

Oh, it's easy: in politics Right is wrong and Left is right. X-D X-D

joan

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 1:01pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
Regarding that film - I haven't heard what the content is. I have no problem with an anti-fundamentalist film, as long as it covers all the religious ratbags - Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu.... To focus on one religion is not on - all of them have or had some appalling deeds done in their names.

I'm against any belief system that opposes or ignores human rights as set out in the UDHR.

Corona

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 2:56pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
I am with Joan. I have seen fundaMentalists close up. They are all horrible and they should all be exposed as being horrible without any exceptions.

fryfan20

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 8:10pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
people that hurt others and create hate agaist others be better them self just piss my off.

I am what I am

Ewan?

Posted Tue Jan 6th, 2009 1:57pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
I read a quote the other day that reads:

"The problem with born again people is that you wish they hadn't been born the first time around"

I can't remember who it was... famous female journalist that's all I can recall

Maxx England

Posted Tue Jan 6th, 2009 1:59pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
Fran Leibowitz?

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Ewan?

Posted Tue Jan 6th, 2009 2:08pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
Just did a google, it was Katherine Whitehorn and I slightly misquoted her although the meaning is the same:

Why do born-again people so often make you wish they'd never been born the first time?

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 4:07am Post subject: where is this country going to ?
there is just too much hatred over all. i'm getting sick of all the anti-Christian hatred propagated against people as well. a few bad eggs in any social group just kill the whole thing.

i've said it before and i'll say it again

"can't we all just get along?!"

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Ewan?

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 11:54am Post subject: where is this country going to ?
I agree with you fryfan, it is unfortunate that the actions of a few so often end up besmirching the name of an entire religion/race etc. Hence we are left with ridiculous stereotypes touted by the ignorant e.g: All muslims are terrorists, Catholic priests like to fiddle with choir boys etc.

The simple answer is... Blame the Daily Mail! The Guardian once described it as - "produced by clever idiots for the benefit of stupid idiots", very apt in my opinion. Of course they're not the only paper guilty of scaring as opposed to informing, they're just the worst and also the most sickeningly pious.

fryfan20

Posted Wed Jan 28th, 2009 10:58pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
good news.

it has been known for some time but Geert Wilders has to answer for himself in court
the high court said that the public prosecutor has to prosecute him.
Geert can get a max. sentence of 1 year in jail or pay up (that he can). I kinda hope that he gets community service. vacuum-cleaning at a mosque seems a good punishment (someone else suggested a year out of jail without security but that will be a death sentence, that will give these people to much power).

another man Mr Rutter (vvd) wanted stretch the freedom of speaks so you can say anything to anyone as long as it doesn't call up to violence. gladly did this silly idea also not well in parliament.

I am what I am

fryfan20

Posted Tue Feb 10th, 2009 11:36pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
Geert Wilders is not welcome in the UK. well done

I am what I am

fryfan20

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 4:42pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
Wilders is not getting in the UK he is put in a small room at Heathrow airport.

I am what I am

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 5:05pm Post subject: where is this country going to ?
I don't want to stir something up here but I am uncomfortable with the idea of banning someone from entry because of their views, however repellent. The reason being given is "security" which probably means they are worried of a riot or mass demonstrations against him. This is probably a very valid concern (at least from the discussion on the radio this morning of people travelling to protest against the film), but that seems to be giving in to mob rule. No good solution here IMO.

I guess I'm just a wishy washy liberal

That would be me.