Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MisterFenton

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 4:51pm Post subject: Which arm was broken?
I’m intrigued.

I’ve been enjoying the America book this Christmas. I remember reading elsewhere that Mr Fry broke his arm (it stopped him doing Dork Talk for the Guardian for example) and indeed there is his broken arm in the America book. Ouch.

Now, if I had broken my arm, I would surely remember which arm it was as I imagine it to be very painful.
But on page 140 Mr Fry writes that he broke his LEFT arm while in Brazil, despite all the pictures and the TV footage showing his RIGHT arm in a sling.

Please tell me that this book wasn’t (gasps in horror) ghost written by someone else?
I can’t believe it was, but then I can’t believe one would forget which arm one had broken...

Any thoughts?

Nitro

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 5:09pm Post subject: Which arm was broken?
Maybe when he wrote that bit he was still under the influence of pain killers X-D

Really? Wow.

michael

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 7:52pm Post subject: Which arm was broken?
Maybe when he wrote that bit he was still under the influence of pain killers X-D

i'm laughing but it's very likely the true explanation!

if so, if i had to do that, there'd be a lot more incongruity than that! there'd be talking eagles and an ode to gatorade, etc.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Nitro

Posted Tue Jan 6th, 2009 3:59am Post subject: Which arm was broken?
OMG!! An ode to gatorade....ROFLMAO!!!! X-D X-D

Really? Wow.

MisterFenton

Posted Fri Jan 9th, 2009 10:47am Post subject: Which arm was broken?
I have now had an email from Harper Collins about this...
"This has been a mistake on our part and will be rectified at the next reprint."

A mistake on their part? What are they talking about? You know what? I think they must write some of the text! I smell a rat here.

Mr Fry, please help clear this one up!