Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amberzak

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 11:00pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Me and my friend were chatting about who should be the next Dr Who.

Now, did anyone ever watch Johnathon Creek? I love that show. And I think Alan would make a great Dr Who. There are others too, obviously. Who do you think?

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 12:25am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Don't get me wrong...Alan Davies is excellent but I don't thinks he's Dr. Who material. He is companion material in my book though.

This is going to be insanely random but I'd put in a bid for James Bachman to be the new who. It will never happen but he's got a nice quirky/straight man combo and seems to fit the new series rules about being young.

I'm still hoping Peter Davison will come back though (somewhere in the recesses of my mind).

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

fryfan20

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 12:34am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
never saw him in Jonathan Creek, was he good.

I'm not sure I could see him as anything else then the childlike, adorable student/sidekick of Stephen in QI.

I am what I am

Tavendale

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 2:23am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
I think he'd be good.

It would also be a return to a more classic look for the Doc.

acidcat

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 9:37am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
I think he was really good in Jonathan Creek, but having seen him in Marple, I've got my doubts about how well he can manage "serious" roles. I think he would have been good in the olden days of slightly camp, comedic Dr. Who, but nowadays it seems to be a bit more gritty and realistic, I think he's more suited as companion (to echo EternalStudent).

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 9:47am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
I can't see him running around with the same vigour as CE or DT. Not that means the doctor has to do that now of course and the great Stephen Moffat will no doubt want to make a different mark. I dunno he's just a bit old school doctorish as acidcat says. I'm still gunning for Paterson Joseph or Russel Tovey myself. Oh and please lets not have a "regeneration gone slightly wrong" episode this time!

That would be me.

amberzak

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 11:38pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Actually, I think you are right that he would have suited the older doctor whos more. I just really liked Tom Baker as the doctor. Out of the classic Doctors, we was, in my opinion, the best. I guess I miss that.

Myboyfriend wants to see Sean Pertwee as he was a fa of the Jon Pertwee Doctor. It is amazing how many different tastes everyone has with this, isn't it.

fryfan20

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 11:40pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
maybe the doctor could become a women ? just a thought

I am what I am

amberzak

Posted Thu Nov 13th, 2008 12:32am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
maybe the doctor could become a women ? just a thought

I read somewhere that it can't be because the timelords have to regenerate into their own sex or something like that. But then that could be complete bull.

Mmm, I think they could work their way around that anyway.

Dawn French... I am joking btw.

Oh, and I take back Alan Davies as the doctor. Thinking about it, there are better options. I was having a silly moment, but just watching QI, I think he would be too comic

fryfan20

Posted Thu Nov 13th, 2008 12:41am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
well, talking of silly moments, I have made the suggestion in the random thought treat that Richard Hammond could be Dr. who. just saw Hammond ones and thought looks like a Dr who to me

I am what I am

amberzak

Posted Thu Nov 13th, 2008 12:45am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
well, talking of silly moments, I have made the suggestion in the random thought treat that Richard Hammond could be Dr. who. just saw Hammond ones and thought looks like a Dr who to me

Mmm. Interesting thought.

On a side note, I stupidly looked at Stephens photos on twitter, of the spiders, and now I can't stop shuddering. Yuck. I know he warned us not to look if we don't like spiders, but I culdn't resist

fryfan20

Posted Thu Nov 13th, 2008 12:49am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?

On a side note, I stupidly looked at Stephens photos on twitter, of the spiders, and now I can't stop shuddering. Yuck. I know he warned us not to look if we don't like spiders, but I culdn't resist

I like spiders. they can't hurt you, especially not when they are just on photo

I am what I am

amberzak

Posted Thu Nov 13th, 2008 12:53am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?

Yeah, I know. It is silly. But I hate all creepy crawleys - especially Ants...
I think it stems from when I was a child and I go covered head to toe in them andmy dad wouldn't come near me tohelp me. It was the first time I ever saw him scared.

fryfan20

Posted Thu Nov 13th, 2008 12:55am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?

I think it stems from when I was a child and I go covered head to toe in them andmy dad wouldn't come near me tohelp me. It was the first time I ever saw him scared.

oh you poor thing, that would scare me to *hugs*

I am what I am

amberzak

Posted Thu Nov 13th, 2008 1:02am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?

oh you poor thing, that would scare me to *hugs*

*Hugs back

We, erm, kind of went a little off track here, didn't we. He he.

Anyway, I will have to get used to bugs because I may be going to Tanzania in July for 2 weeks. My church group are doing some missonary work and want me to film it for them - make a documentary.