Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Shyamz

Posted Sun Dec 7th, 2008 2:05am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
No.

That is all.

the bantam menace

Posted Fri Dec 12th, 2008 1:54pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
I think our very own Mr Fry would make a good Doctor.

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Sun Dec 14th, 2008 6:52pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
I think our very own Mr Fry would make a good Doctor.

It said in the newspaper the other day that Sian Lloyd thought the 'portly' Stephen Fry should be the next Doctor as well. And I agree, although, the Doctor does seem to do an awful lot of running, I mean seriously, an absurd amount!

My friends and I discussed the whole new Doctor thing and Alan cropped up. I think he'd be brilliant! Also, can't wait for the Jonathan Creek Christmas special!!

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

Shyamz

Posted Tue Dec 16th, 2008 7:13pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
With nine months a year dedicated to making Doctor Who, that'd leave very little time for him to do anything else...even Q.i!

But apart from that I agree, he'd be great. With his love of gadgets and stuff.

CJLFry

Posted Sun Feb 15th, 2009 1:36am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Alan Davies would make a GREAT Dr Who, as long as every scene involved him being bashed in his stupid, rubbery, gormless face with something turd-like.

I thank you.

Me and my friend were chatting about who should be the next Dr Who.

Now, did anyone ever watch Johnathon Creek? I love that show. And I think Alan would make a great Dr Who. There are others too, obviously. Who do you think?

Shyamz

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 12:01am Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
X-D

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Mar 7th, 2009 5:26pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Both Alan Davies and Stephen Fry might have suited the role in the old days, but they don't seem at all appropriate to the new style of the show. Hugh Laurie on the other hand would make a great Doctor. Hell, I even think he's make a great Bond these days.

jax_dry

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 12:35pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
i think both of them would still be good in it, being a Doctor Who fan myself...they would be really good together, Captain Jack (John Barrowman) would have a feild day with Stephen!!! The only question i'd have, can Allan run?, run fast? as the Doctor these days seems to do alot !!

I did quite a while back suggest to the BBC in an Email, that Allan would make a good new replacement for David Tennant!!!!, I didn't get a reply though!!!

CJLFry

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 1:03pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
i think both of them would still be good in it, being a Doctor Who fan myself...they would be really good together, Captain Jack (John Barrowman) would have a feild day with Stephen!!! The only question i'd have, can Allan run?, run fast? as the Doctor these days seems to do alot !!

I did quite a while back suggest to the BBC in an Email, that Allan would make a good new replacement for David Tennant!!!!, I didn't get a reply though!!!

Any new actor taking on the role would need to replicate the "D. Tennant surprised glare" look (the only one he seems to do) - did he do that in Hamlet I wonder...?

Also, the fact that A. Davies is an utterly stupid, pathetic knobhead might make his casting a little unlikely?

Erasmus

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 5:59pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Both Alan Davies and Stephen Fry might have suited the role in the old days, but they don't seem at all appropriate to the new style of the show. Hugh Laurie on the other hand would make a great Doctor. Hell, I even think he's make a great Bond these days.

I agree with Mr Davies and Mr Fry being ill-suited for the modern take on Doctor Who. I would take Stephen Fry in place of Sylvester McCoy anyday. Something about McCoy irritates the life of me. I think it's just that head poking out of a wooly jumper that does it.

Hugh Laurie would be perfect as the Doctor! Time for an older Doctor. As soon as Matt Smith's done in three or four seasons, someone needs to get Hugh Laurie down to the BBC and put him to work. House should be finished by then.

Not sure about Laurie as Bond, though. A Bond villain, however...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 6:49pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Maybe it's the Devil's Advocate in me, but I used to defend Colin Baker quite a lot in the past even though he was low in my list of great Doctors. However, these days he's undergone a reappraisal while McCoy's stock has fallen and I'm frankly shocked that anyone would prefer, say, The Mark of The Rani to Remembrance of the Daleks or the superlative Curse of Fenric. Having said that, re-watching The Trial of a Time Lord I have noticed good things I missed before. Still, McCoy bashing irritates me like hell and I think it's pure prejudice and in some way low (not intellectually or morally low, but low in a way I can't quite define).

Erasmus

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 6:56pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Still, McCoy bashing irritates me like hell and I think it's pure prejudice and in some way low (not intellectually or morally low, but low in a way I can't quite define).

I have no prejudice against the man, I just don't enjoy his Doctor. I should have made that more clear, probably.

jax_dry

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 7:14pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
I agree, Mcoy wasn't that good, well the writting anyway, put me right off!!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 7:15pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
But the whole Baker/MCoy argument (and on many forums it does boil down to that pair) is so bizarre to me because you've got one hammy (not necessarily a bad thing for a Doctor) actor with a poorly realised, if well acted, companion saddled with some fairly average scipts, awful puns and the without doubt the series worst ever musical scores. On the other hand you have a fresh approach to the writing of McCoy's era, a great companion, some superlative dialogue delivered with sincerity and originality, scripts with thematic depth and narrative complexity which don't patronise the viewer but demand your own appraisal, lovely scores and even some daring concepts for a family programme (good guy Russian soldiers who are idealistic communists; evolution expounded not only by characters but by the events themselves; Dalek factional warfare paralleled with prevailing racist attitudes and fascism in 1960s Britain).
And amongst all this a portrayal of the Doctor which actually evolved for the first time since Tom Baker, and he had the unfair advantage of seven years, three producers and four script editors to aid his character development. Colin Baker, on the other hand, has only had the chance to evolve off screen through the books and audio dramas, so I hear. Good for him, but McCoy did it in three years with his own input as well as the guiding hand of his producer and script editor.

jax_dry

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 7:18pm Post subject: Who else thinks Alan Davies would make a good Dr Who?
Don't get me wrong, please, I loved Mcoy when i was younger, but in Doctor Who..sorry, wasn't my cup of Tea...and say nothing of his assistant....