Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

nongenderous

Posted Wed May 28th, 2008 3:33pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I was thinking the other day of Laurie Anderson and how funny it would be if she was a guest. She isn't a comedian, but her work is very clever and some of it quite funny and interesting as well. "QI" sadly lack representation from the other 50 % of the population, and I'm sure if there were more women on the show I'd be a lot more interested. I don't buy the "women aren't as funny as men" shit. "QI" is its 6th series. Why aren't more women allowed to be on the show. Does the men think they have a monopoly on being funny?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 1:54pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
They could get Sue Perkins and Tamsin Greig on. Kathy Burke would be awesome to have on and Meera Syal and Jessica Hynes back on would be brill. I would like to see more female comedians on this show and others in general.

Assuming direct control...

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 3:03pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
my vote would be for Catherine Tate if we are going with females (she's just got a sharp wit to her)

Or anyone who doesn't end up making it seem like the few episodes of the Friday Night Project where the host is reading very poorly off the prompter.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

nongenderous

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 6:26pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
One of the comments mentions "QI":

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinder/2008/05/h.....r_you.html

And why they have to have Jeremy Clarkson on the show is beyond my my understanding. He should just go away and keep his face off television:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2045277/Jeremy-Clarkson-'should-be-sacked-from-Top-Gear'-for-speeding-remark.html
( try cut and paste, I've tried to post this link several times, but it won't work)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 6:47pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I've just thought of someone else they could have on - Jenny Eclair.

Phlizz

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 7:00pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Oh wow yes, any of these women would be brilliant. It's such a shame Linda Smith is no longer with us, she was an excellent guest. What about Hattie Hayridge?

nongenderous

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 7:00pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Maybe we should make a petition to get more female comedians on "QI". I'd love to get involved in getting more women on television. I'm not from the UK, but "QI" have viewers in other countries as well. If someone could find out why women aren't invited and when they make a rare appearance there's just one woman, that'd be much appreciated . Imagine a panel with only women. That's my dream. I'd love to see how Stephen and Alan would handle it.

Wackford Squeers

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 11:11am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
George Bush

Occy

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 12:09pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
tony...

nongenderous

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 1:18pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Of male guest I'd like to see Rik Mayall, and as mentioned above; Tony Slattery.

Ffrioserch

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?

And why they have to have Jeremy Clarkson on the show is beyond my my understanding. He should just go away and keep his face off television:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2045277/Jeremy-Clarkson-'should-be-sacked-from-Top-Gear'-for-speeding-remark.html
( try cut and paste, I've tried to post this link several times, but it won't work)

We don't all hate Jezza !! I actually like his sense of humour !

And Jenny Eclair would be a brilliant contestant. I wonder if they do ask more women but they turn it down for some reason ?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 7:42pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Of male guest I'd like to see Rik Mayall, and as mentioned above; Tony Slattery.

I'd love to see both of them on there and Dylan Moran, Ed Byrne, Frankie Boyle, Mark Watson (gaww!). I'd also love to see Eddie Izzard on the show again, he's only been in the pilot.

nongenderous

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 7:51pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Eddie is wonderful. Imagine if Hugh would make an appearance with Ade Edmondson and Rik Mayall. It'd be like the 80s all over again in a different setting, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Roxy641

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 9:04pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I would love to see an all female quiz team (well, guess they would have to Alan though!).

Some names I'd love to see on the show: Female: Victoria Wood, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Hattie Hayridge, Jo Brand.

Male: Eddie Izzard (again), Rik Mayall, Ade Edmonson, Nigel Planner, John Cleese (or any of the remaining Python team).

Roxy641

Maybe we should make a petition to get more female comedians on "QI". I'd love to get involved in getting more women on television. I'm not from the UK, but "QI" have viewers in other countries as well. If someone could find out why women aren't invited and when they make a rare appearance there's just one woman, that'd be much appreciated . Imagine a panel with only women. That's my dream. I'd love to see how Stephen and Alan would handle it.

"Life is too important to be taken seriously". OSCAR WILDE.

Roxy641

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 9:12pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Totally agree with you, can't stand Jeremy Clarkson.

Roxy641

[quote="January Heart"]One of the comments mentions "QI":
[quote]

"Life is too important to be taken seriously". OSCAR WILDE.