Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 9:13pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I would love to see an all female quiz team (well, guess they would have to Alan though!).

He could dress up as a woman!

Some names I'd love to see on the show: Female: Victoria Wood, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Hattie Hayridge, Jo Brand.

Victoria Wood yeah she could go on!

Male: Eddie Izzard (again), Rik Mayall, Ade Edmonson, Nigel Planner, John Cleese (or any of the remaining Python team).

Yeah the Pythons could go on!

Assuming direct control...

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 9:51pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I was thinkin' Dawn French as well and Lenny Henry. Brilliant pair they are.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Tourmaline

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 7:25pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Given that most of the 80s crowd - Lenny Henry, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson etc - haven't appeared on any sort of panel game - not even HIGNFY who seem to accept absolutely anyone as panellists - I'd rather not see them on the show only for them to struggle or have large edits. They seem more comfortable when a show's been precisely scripted.

I'd love to see Jessica Stevenson and Meera Syal making return visits. Also please invite Hattie Hayridge & Lucy Porter asap.

Over in another part of the Interweb devoted to House MD, we wanted Hugh to return as a panellist (of course!) - but to bring Lisa Edelstein with him

nongenderous

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 7:35pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I'm just tired of watching the same old faces again and again. Some women would be nice for a change, and some new faces, and some of the younger comedians as well.

Roxy641

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 10:36pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Hi Tourmaline,

ahhhh, that is the beauty of a wish list...it doesn't matter
how likely it is that they will appear, it is what it is-a wish
list.

I would add another name Linda Smith, but sadly she is
longer with us.

Jessica Stevenson and Meera Syal (Hattie Hayridge, yes,
she just might
be number one of my wishlist) & Lucy Porter are fine too.
No problem.

Compiling this list only exposes how easy it is to miss out some great suggestions.

Roxy641

[quote="Tourmaline"]Given that most of the 80s crowd - Lenny Henry, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson etc - haven't appeared on any sort of panel game - not even HIGNFY who seem to accept absolutely anyone as panellists - I'd rather not see them on the show only for them to struggle or have large edits. They seem more comfortable when a show's been precisely scripted.

I'd love to see Jessica Stevenson and Meera Syal making return visits. Also please invite Hattie Hayridge & Lucy Porter asap. [quote]

"Life is too important to be taken seriously". OSCAR WILDE.

nongenderous

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 10:56pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Given that most of the 80s crowd - Lenny Henry, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson etc - haven't appeared on any sort of panel game - not even HIGNFY who seem to accept absolutely anyone as panellists - I'd rather not see them on the show only for them to struggle or have large edits.

QI would never get away with having a Tub of lard as a panellist

Roxy641

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 12:36am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Hi January Heart,

I dunno about that...Qi had Jeremy Clarkson.... Miow

Roxy641

Given that most of the 80s crowd - Lenny Henry, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson etc - haven't appeared on any sort of panel game - not even HIGNFY who seem to accept absolutely anyone as panellists - I'd rather not see them on the show only for them to struggle or have large edits.

QI would never get away with having a Tub of lard as a panellist

"Life is too important to be taken seriously". OSCAR WILDE.

Phlizz

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 8:16pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I thought Jeremy Clarkeson was quite good when he was on - I learnt things from him about Henry Ford...

Tourmaline

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 11:39pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I thought Jeremy Clarkeson was quite good when he was on ..

Me too - before his first appearance I wasn't too sure, but I was pleasantly surprised - I knew him by reputation as rather boorish but there he was, saying witty & intelligent things with the rest of the panel.

Not that it's given me any inclination to watch Top Gear - but I'm quite happy to see him continue to appear on QI based on past performances.

WhyGenTom

Posted Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 10:27pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Dara O'Briain isn't on it enough, and it would be nice for Jonathon Ross to give it another go. Also, I would pay out my own pocket to get Brian Blessed on any comedy panel show after his HIGNFY outing.

I can't see new comedians like Lee Mack etc. putting themselves out to show their lack of knowing. Although speaking of the all-knowing, Rory McGrath hasn't been on in a while.

Angus Deayton maybe? Ed Bryne?.. Richard Vranch? Failing that they could just have Rich Hall in every episode... and keep Ross Noble and Captain Corderoy Marcus Bridgestock off my TV.

Phlizz

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Oh yes - Dara O'Briain is hilarious! He should definitely be on more!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 6:28pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
More Dara O'Briain!!!

Assuming direct control...

lozzy-hickers

Posted Wed Jul 16th, 2008 4:35pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
i think Simon Amstell would be fantastic !!! Both him and Stephen would be a perfect pair,clever and witty .

daremo

Posted Wed Jul 16th, 2008 5:15pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I wouldn't mind seeing Adam Buxton or Joe Cornish on QI.

ArcadiaHouse

Posted Wed Jul 16th, 2008 11:15pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Russell Brand would be good to have on, but he'd probably want to be the centre of attention, as he usually is on every show he goes on.