Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Wed Jul 16th, 2008 11:58pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I should be guest on QI

no. not really i am not funny not smart and a terrible public speaker

I am what I am

Mithras

Posted Wed Jul 30th, 2008 4:59pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Franky Boyle, Russel Howard or Ed Byrne

One Man Halcyon

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 4:37am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Cant beat the classics really...

Lock
Brand
Baily

i would have Rich Hall on every show if possible mind, that guy is fantastic

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 8:48am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Franky Boyle, Russel Howard or Ed Byrne

I want to see all three plus Mark Watson and more Andy Parsons!

Assuming direct control...

Sidthespid

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 11:25pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
James May with Helen Austin on the one side and Bully (Michael Herbig) with the cute floppy haired one.

That would be worth dunking a custard cream.

fryfan20

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 10:58am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
i am looking forward to when Emma Thompson comes, she is wonderful
and i would not hate it if Hugh Laurie wants to give it a try again. (but i don't think he will because he does not seem to like the game show thing to much)

I am what I am

Shyamz

Posted Fri Aug 15th, 2008 5:31pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
All of Amyl's choices are good ones, and naturally I disagree with the majority negative comments about Clarkson.
Some people on the Sniff Petrol forum missed the point of Q.i completely and said he seemed to be out of his depth, but the whole point of the show is not who knows the most "true facts" (most of which are in fact untrue), but who knows the most interesting things. James May is smart, and he knows stuff, he should do it.

I like Micheal Sheen as an actor, so I'd quite like to see how he does as a guest. There aren't many women I find funny, but Tamsin Grieg is one who I'd love to see.
Simon Amstel isn't funny, he's a twunt. Anyone who saw his guest host appearance in Buzzcocks would be stunned that he got the gig full time, he was shockingly bad. (I'm a Buzzcocks old-schooler, I've seen the lot, and it really makes you pine for the superior hosting skills of Lamarr).

And I would actually rather miss an episode of Q.i rather than watch one with Angus Deyton in it. In a list of the world's most criminally over-rated people, he'd be so far up there he'd have a constant nosebleed.
Speaking of which, I'm sick of Alan...seriously, I'm not saying it just for a laugh 'cause people like him I mean it.

In fact you know what? Just put May and Hammond on one side, Clarkson and the Stig on the other and watch it get personal,...worth the license fee that is

fryfan20

Posted Sat Aug 16th, 2008 3:00pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
maybe a show with kids as guest.
or and i don't know if it is possible (don't know if any of the regular guest have kids) the regulars teaming up with there child. children have a way of being smart in a funny kind of way because of there shameless way of telling the truth

I am what I am

Shyamz

Posted Sat Aug 16th, 2008 6:23pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Oh boy...

...I'm letting it lie, I'm letting it lie...

fryfan20

Posted Sat Aug 16th, 2008 6:55pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Oh boy...

...I'm letting it lie, I'm letting it lie...

what if you wanted to make the point that the guest on QI are all like children, then that is true
(my apologize for the over-the-top use of the word way in my last post)

I am what I am

Shyamz

Posted Mon Aug 18th, 2008 3:55pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I was talking about the idea of having kids on the show as guests...

...That was what you were talking about wasn't it? There was no mention in your post of the regular guests acting like children or not.

fryfan20

Posted Mon Aug 18th, 2008 4:03pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I was talking about the idea of having kids on the show as guests...

...That was what you were talking about wasn't it? There was no mention in your post of the regular guests acting like children or not.

yes i was talking about that

I am what I am

Shyamz

Posted Mon Aug 18th, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Exactly, it's the idea of children on the show I hate, and I wasn't claiming that the other guests were childish in any way.

Although Alan Davies is getting a bit idiotic for my liking...

fryfan20

Posted Mon Aug 18th, 2008 7:11pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
i agree that Alan is sometimes a bit idiotic but i do think he is very important for the show otherwise you have the risk of having 4 people sitting there and saying nothing because the are afraid of saying something stupid or wrong.

I am what I am

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 21st, 2008 9:00pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?

Simon Amstel isn't funny, he's a twunt. Anyone who saw his guest host appearance in Buzzcocks would be stunned that he got the gig full time, he was shockingly bad. (I'm a Buzzcocks old-schooler, I've seen the lot, and it really makes you pine for the superior hosting skills of Lamarr).

I quit watching the show when Amstell took over. I've seen a few episodes with him in and I really don't like him. I saw one last week and was surprised to see Bill Bailey's been replaced by Noel Fielding. I preferred it when Lamarr was the host. I miss seeing him on the telly. I used to love his stand-up shows that used to on every week (Mark Lamarr's Leaving the 20th Century and Lamarr Attacks).

Alan Davies can be ott at times and go too far into silliness when you want to learn something and the point becomes lost but he's not always so bad. The episode I really felt let down by was the one where Alan Davies was at a football match so it was just his ghostly voice there and an empty chair. Just stupid. It really spoilt the episode and everything felt off and wrong from beginnging to end.

Assuming direct control...