Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

poeticallyblind

Posted Fri Oct 31st, 2008 4:13am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I hear Jonathon Ross is available...

MrEvans

Posted Fri Oct 31st, 2008 6:42pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?

Below the belt!

I'd like to see you drag Hugh Laurie back from America for a few hours when he isn't recording more episodes of House that I can only catch on FIVER if I'm lucky. He always struck me as a witty man.

poeticallyblind

Posted Fri Oct 31st, 2008 7:44pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?

Below the belt!

I'd like to see you drag Hugh Laurie back from America for a few hours when he isn't recording more episodes of House that I can only catch on FIVER if I'm lucky. He always struck me as a witty man.

Below the belt is where the good bits are!

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 9:22pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I vote more David Mitchell.

Just hearing Stephen refer to him as 'Young David Mitchell' makes me smile, and then David's bashful face. Awww.

Frick!

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 11:50pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Definitely more David Mitchell! His rants are priceless.

Would love to see: Frankie Boyle, Dara O'Briain, Russell Howard, Sanjeev Bhaskar, Tim Minchon

And I always love to see our man Rich Hall

Jasper

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 6:05pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Love to see Jo, Dara, Frankie and David returning.

New comers? Noel Fielding, Jenny Eclair, Dawn French, Victoria Wood... plenty more I couldn't name off the top of my head.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 8:00pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Help! I am trying to find out the name of someone who, to my knowledge, was only a QI guest once...he is a poet, I believe a scouser, and he sat and wrote poems during the episode he was on...unfortunately, I have absolutely NO recollection of which series or episode it was...does anyone remember him?

http://www.rogermcgough.org.uk/ ? On tonight on Dave.

He was cool I want to see him on QI again too!

Assuming direct control...

Shyamz

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 12:48am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Grant McGoldrick wrote:
Hang on, i can't believe you're saying that have you even listened to the roars of laughter that Alan gets at least twice a show? I just don't see where the evidence of this at all:P Alan's obviously keeping the ratings up, or he'd have been kicked off by now

Just because people are laughing at it (which I can hear by the way), doesn't mean it isn't annoying to some people, and just because some people are laughing, doesn't mean everyone else must laugh to.
The evidence is in every recent episode if someone allows themself to see it..

He is an ex-stand up comedian, and should therefore be able to come up with some new things to make people laugh once in a while.
Having people laugh at you because of a daft mime isn't as impressive as them laughing with you because you said something funny, so if that's all they're laughing at I still see nothing that impressive about him.

"have you even listened to the roars of laughter that Alan gets at least twice a show?" Twice a show? there have been one-off guests on the show who have got more laughs than that in one episode!
All the things I've mentioned are things I've actually seen, I haven't made any of them up, what would be the point?

"Alan's obviously keeping the ratings up, or he'd have been kicked off by now :P"

Forgive me for saying so, but that shows very little faith in the pulling power of Mr Fry and the other regulars. If I don't watch the show for Alan, then it's a given that there are other people who don't either, and the show would do just as well without him.
I'd say the main reason people tune in to watch Q.i is for Mr Fry (I know that's why I tuned in on day one), and that it's him and the other small number of regulars-like Bill Bailey and Phil Jupitus-that kept them coming back.

Does anyone else reckon this guy's Alan?

Hello Alan.

bingethinker

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 5:14pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I'm not sure if he's mentioned here, but I would love to see prince Charles on Qi. That might be surprisingly good. They could both annoy Alan and Phil with talk on prep-school taylors and copper kettles. I couldn't wair to see Phil's reaction.

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 8:47pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I'd love to see Sir Ian McKellen on there or Michael Gambon.

That would be me.

nongenderous

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 4:03pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I realize that I've watched too many Sarah Palin parodies, but Tina Fey would be my dream guest at the moment. She's amazing. Rachel Maddow as well.

Soph

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 4:40pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I'm not sure if he's mentioned here, but I would love to see prince Charles on Qi. That might be surprisingly good. They could both annoy Alan and Phil with talk on prep-school taylors and copper kettles. I couldn't wair to see Phil's reaction.
lol at the idea. I think it would make the panel alot more reserved, even Alan would be on his best behavior. ; ]

Photobucket

Diabolicalmastermind

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 5:36pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
While we are in Top Gear territory, how about James May? He'd be terrific on the engineering questions. He can also make up for the fact that Alan has cropped his curls.

I second that!
Even though he's cropped his curls, too, ha!

thefatman

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 4:29pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Just popped in here for the first time .. Can I propose a return for the estimable Mr Vic Reeves who was quite excellent when he last graced QI

From earlier suggestions Andy Hamilton, Rory McGrath, Sandy Toksvig, Eddie Izzard would all be in my top ten.

Musical.moment

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 9:39pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I want to see Hugh Laurie on QI again, as to my knowledge he was only on the piloty episode, and it would be greate if he was back, also Micheal macintire, ive spelt that wrong, would be good, as well as Russel Howard.

John Cleese would be absolutely brilliant, as far as women are concerned i dont mind as long as it is not Joan Rivers, I actually hate her, but there we go.