Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Nov 19th, 2008 4:35am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?

John Cleese would be absolutely brilliant, as far as women are concerned i dont mind as long as it is not Joan Rivers, I actually hate her, but there we go.

You are not alone in that statement.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Shyamz

Posted Wed Nov 19th, 2008 5:17pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
January Heart's idea is good, I reckon good old Sir Ian would be great too, and Michael Gambon, (nice idea gadgetgeek). : )

Thanks Fryer, I knew I wasn't the only one who thinks James May would be great, he's so clever. :-//
Hi thefatman, you're not the only one who'd like to see Eddie Izzard back, there are loads of us here who miss him, and I second Musical.Moment's Russel Howard suggestion. He's brilliant, why didn't I think of him.

I've been quite taken by Lee Mack recently, and if by some miracle it were ever possible, I'd love to see Chris Morris make an appearance...but to be honest we've probably got a better chance of seeing Joan Of Arc on Q.i than him. Oh well...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 9:12am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Ian Mackellen and Michael Gambon would be so cool. I relaly don't want to see the return of Rory McGrath though and I don't like Ian Mack. Though he'd be tolerable. I could never tolerate Lee Evans (not that anyone's suggested him thank god) he is so fucking annoying I have to turn the telly off whenever he's on or walk out the room. Even Russell Brand isn't that bad.

Assuming direct control...

Rapunzel

Posted Thu Jan 15th, 2009 3:40pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
They could get Sue Perkins and Tamsin Greig on. Kathy Burke would be awesome to have on and Meera Syal and Jessica Hynes back on would be brill. I would like to see more female comedians on this show and others in general.

I agree that there should be more female comedians on the show. I think that Caroline Quentin would be a good guest, if Josie Lawrence has been on the show then why not have another person who did 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' (amongst other things). Also how about Sandi Toksvig?

Rain Dog

Posted Fri Jan 16th, 2009 10:14pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Any of the remaining Pythons would be more than fantastic. I'd also love to see Catherine Tate or Sarah Parish on QI. Or how about Rik Mayall? That would be great. I'd also love to see Danny Robins!

And how come Rowan Atkinson hasn't been on the show? After all, he paricipated in the QI 2009 Annual book. He'd be absolutely great.

bingowings

Posted Thu Jan 22nd, 2009 3:30pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Would love to see Eddie Izzard, Adrian charles, Julie Walters and Mark Lamar

Rain Dog

Posted Thu Jan 22nd, 2009 6:09pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Would love to see Eddie Izzard

Eddie Izzard was in the pilot, but it would certainly be great to have him back.

Soph

Posted Thu Jan 22nd, 2009 7:34pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Any of the remaining Pythons would be more than fantastic. I'd also love to see Catherine Tate or Sarah Parish on QI. Or how about Rik Mayall? That would be great. I'd also love to see Danny Robins!

And how come Rowan Atkinson hasn't been on the show? After all, he paricipated in the QI 2009 Annual book. He'd be absolutely great.

Pythons, Rik Mayall, Rowan Atkinson ! Yes, yes, yes. I want now.

I'd like to see Ade Edmondson and Griff Rys Jones too. I think perhaps Rowan is quite quiet and reserved in situations such as quiz shows, alike with Hugh Laurie. They don't seem too comfortable in interviews and such which is a shame. They're both lovely, but I don't think it's thier cup of tea.

Photobucket

Forest

Posted Thu Jan 22nd, 2009 9:04pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Billy Connelly!
Chris Rock!
The American comedian who's name I can never remember!
(He's a big black guy and his name's something like "Something T. Something" - does that help? He's very funny!).
Rick & Ade would be brilliant too.
Just no more Pam Ayers - I've never liked her. I come home from school and she's reading poetry to me? She will never be forgiven.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jan 25th, 2009 9:09pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
If you like Americans on the show now and then, I think Tina Fey would quite funny. Drew Carey might be another one. Perhaps both have been mentioned; I haven't read all the responses.

I wish we had the show here or could at least get the broadcast. Perhaps I'll point my rabbit ears east.

Pam

Rain Dog

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 4:51pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I'd like to see Ade Edmondson and Griff Rys Jones too. I think perhaps Rowan is quite quiet and reserved in situations such as quiz shows, alike with Hugh Laurie. They don't seem too comfortable in interviews and such which is a shame. They're both lovely, but I don't think it's thier cup of tea.

I was thinking about that too. I remember reading somewhere that Rowan is actually quite reserved and shy.Many comedians/actors seem to be like that, such great performers but really shy in real life. So maybe there's some hope for me too to be confident in public, even though I'm painfully shy.

Griff Rhys Jones would be absolutely great! He's always been so much fun, but I haven't seen him on tv much recently. I would love to see John Barrowman too. I just saw the episode of Never Mind The Buzzcocks that he was in and he was great. Though he seems to be quite cheeky every time he's on some talkshow. But I really like him.

killers967

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 1:32am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
what about paul merton? i think he said on parkinson or something that he always prefers the fish who burnt the house down stories on have i got news for you.

marillion_freak

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 12:30pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
i hope i don;t get laughed at for saying this but seeing as both graeme garden and barry cryer have done the show what about adding the last member of the i'm sorry i haven'nt a clue team , tim brooke taylor . stephen fry has worked with him on clue before and a really good team they made .

other then that terry jones of monty python fame would be cool . he has got a good sense of humour plus inteligence .

tony hawks would be good to in my not so humble opinion .

get rid of johnny vegas though .

by the way i am new here this is my first post . nice to meet you all

Rain Dog

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 1:03pm Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
I also think that Tim Brooke-Taylor would be a great guest. And Terry Jones!! I would love to see him on QI.

I was just watching the South Bank Show documentary about Douglas Adams and kept thinking, if he was still around, he would definitely be on QI. Maybe as one of the more regular guests. How sad that we don't get to see that.. :'(

OliverBeatson

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 12:58am Post subject: Who should be guests on "QI"?
Indeed it is incredibly sad that Douglas Adams was never able to be on QI, he would have loved it.

I would become incredibly excited if either Derren Brown or Richard Dawkins were to appear on the show, simply because I admire them as public figures but also due to the fact that they are both considerable intellects. And Emma Watson, the stunning young woman who portrays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films. Because she's just amazing.

And finally, I would like to elect myself for consideration! Well, worth a try.