Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 5:02am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
http://twitpic.com/1qmqj

I am very happy for Mr.Fry that he has achieved his weight loss because frankly, you can get away with a lot more bad behavior when you're slender than when you're heftier. Not that he isn't a worthwhile human being in any state, but I bet climbing stairs is a bit easier and by the freaking way...in the pic above he looks like some of my surfer dude friends not to mention, but of course I will, ten years younger. X-D

Keep it up, Pup!

And, btw, I take some small comfort in knowing that Mr.Fry has far too much self-respect to spit out some shallow celebrity 'get fit' book.

((((xxxx))))

Really? Wow.

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 9:36am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
He could produce "Get Fit, Via Twit(ter)".

A small memory is poking through my head: did he state that he wouldn't play Sherlock Holmes unless he lost weight? Can we look forward to the ultimate screen version soon? Is that why he's done it and I missed the memo?

Congratulations to Mr Fry btw

That would be me.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 1:04pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
He really does look fantastic, doesn't he? I am so proud of him. I am sure that it wasn't easy.

And gadgetgeekgirl, I hadn't heard any talk about Stephen playing Sherlock Holmes, but I think it is a great idea. Can Hugh play Watson? I am ready to buy my copy already.

speckledband

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 1:09pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
Stephen Fry playing Holmes would be wonderful (please let it happen!)
Of course he would have to be very fantastic to surpass Jeremy Brett but it would be great fun to see!!

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 1:54pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
I have lightened the pictures a bit, so you can see his handsome face better. I hope that is alright.

Soph

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 2:51pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
I am truly stunned, it's taken years off him, he looks so young, and like a youthful Fry. He seems to have a boyish charm in that picture in particulary. n____n

Well done to him ! He must of worked his socks off walking. ; ] He looks amazing, but thiers no pressure keeping it off, 'cause he looked amazing before. I hope he's much happier now with the weight loss.

Photobucket

Jarus

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 3:10pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
It is quite remarkable. I was watching him on Youtube last night on a Room 101 that must be at least 10 years old and he looks almost as young as he did back then

If it were anyone else I might be a little snide and suggest some 'work' may have been done, but considering how far he used to walk whenever I was reading his twitterings I'm sure it's all his own hard work. Congratulations Mr Fry.

PamJH

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 3:22pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
He looks wonderful and I'll bet he feels much better, too. Does he still smoke? I guess I haven't read anything about that or maybe I'm just clueless.

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 4:14pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
This is the best reference I can find for Stephen commenting about Sherlock and weight is here:
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndweb.....ock%20role

That's pretty out of date. There was an ITV project planned at one point: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3583165.stm
Anyone know what happened? I'd love to see it too.

That would be me.

Shyamz

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 4:41pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
Amazing isn't it?

And it wasn't that long ago he was talking about his weight on Q.i, so he can't have been using his new diet plan for long.

That's excellent work in such a short space of time, I wonder how he did it?

(Seriously Mr Fry, I've got a wedding to go to in September so I'd love to find out!)

Desdemona

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 4:56pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
he does look amazing, some weight has dropped off his face too.
I was like WOW when saw the pics, so beautifull.

Skip Life and come with me?

Soph

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 5:00pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
He looks wonderful and I'll bet he feels much better, too. Does he still smoke? I guess I haven't read anything about that or maybe I'm just clueless.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he quit smoking. : ] '06 or '07, I'm not too sure exactly. And that's good too ! It all helps with his health and confidence.

Photobucket

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 5:56pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
I'm sure I read somewhere that he quit smoking. : ] '06 or '07, I'm not too sure exactly. And that's good too ! It all helps with his health and confidence.

Did he really? I am very pleased to hear this. As you said the weight loss and quitting smoking will definitely help with any health issues. And we certainly want to have him around for a long long time.

So now I have to ask the question, was there a health concern that precipitated the remarkable changes in Stephen, or was someone just finally able to convince him that he was worth taking care of?

I have to say I gained 30 lbs when I quit smoking, and can not get rid of it.

Rain Dog

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 10:55pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
Stephen really looks all healthy and handsome and slim and gorgeous in those pics.

If I remember right, Stephen talked about how he had quit smoking when he was interviewed by Mark Lawson for the BBC in 2007. I watched that interview some time ago and I think he mentioned he had quit smoking.

PamJH

Posted Sun Mar 1st, 2009 1:40am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
According to my father, quitting smoking is one of the most difficult things a person can do. He did it after smoking for almost 40 years. So I'm proud of our Mr. Fry - and my dad!