Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

sulkku

Posted Sun Mar 1st, 2009 2:32pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
Well, wow. He looks stunning!

But still I can't help feeling a bit worried. This weight loss was so sudden, I just hope everything is OK and he takes really good care of himself.

(Sorry, I sound a bit paranoid. I have lost weight myself because I felt I didn't deserve food. Fortunately this was a short period of self loathing, but still it makes me react to things like this in a bit weird way...)

Nitro

Posted Sun Mar 1st, 2009 4:21pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
I am an unrepentant smoker. I understand all the reasons why people quit it, but also understand why some of us don't.

I know it's not a very popular way to think, but I sometimes feel as if society has become a little too fixated on sanitizing nearly every aspect of our lives. My recent blood work indicates I have at least another twenty thousand miles left on my tires. Maybe it's having led and still leading a a fairly 'athletic' life and never having been overweight.. I've been known to run with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth but I've also been know to do all sorts of idiotic things, so that's not a boast just a fact.

A doctor told me once,"There's little about smoking that's healthy but the people we worry most about in regards to smoking are the overweight and sedentary smoker." And I'm not encouraging Mr.Fry, or anyone else, to smoke or not to smoke. My favorite quote on smoking though is,"
Quitting is easy...I've done it a thousand times." by Mark Twain. I think everyone should quit something at least once.

Mr.Fry's weight loss is probably, between the two states of non-smoker and overweight person, the healthier of the two for just about anyone. Besides, even if you aren't actually healthy you can LOOK healthy X-D

Really? Wow.

loramarsden

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 4:00pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
i was thinking he was looking a lot better/thinner when he was last on friday night with jonathan ross... but he looks even better in those pictures

it might well be worth signing up to twitter just to keep track!

well done stephen!

as for him quitting smoking, i'd heard that too!...

its funny because i only started smoking a couple of years ago... completely my own choice... it really gets my back up when people constantly tell me smoking is succumbing to 'peer pressure' and the like...

non of my friends smoked at the time, in fact, they all hated it. and i picked it up.

and i don't intend to quit either. i love my golden virginia and my cherry alsbo (for the pipe) and the only thing that's made me even consider quitting is knowing how much it upsets my mum. she's always hated smoking and recently had breast cancer... so of course i understand her reasons why.

btw, im sorry i don't really know how this forum works... i've only ever made one post before. but nevermind! HELLO EVERYONE!

loramarsden

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 4:01pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
oops! didn't realise how MASSIVE my signature would be!

SORRY! x

andrealein

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 11:49pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
Oh yes, he looks amazing!! But I also was a little shocked about that sudden change. He looks really young and healthy just like he is now, but I hope he won't lose much more weight.
I also remember him talking about quitting smoking. Nice for him if he really made it.
Strange thing with me and smoking. I quit and I start again, I quit and... you get the point. I never have any problems in quitting. I just decide I want to do so and than I do it. But then suddenly I feel like it again and go and buy some cigarettes. Hadn't been smoking for about a year, then started again during my exchange semester and really enjoyed it and now I'm smoke-free again and don't even miss it.
And welcome Lora!! *waves*

PamJH

Posted Tue Mar 3rd, 2009 4:44am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
oops! didn't realise how MASSIVE my signature would be!

SORRY! x

Hey, where can I get a helmet like that? It would look cool while I'm walking down the road.

loramarsden

Posted Thu Mar 5th, 2009 11:49am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
well! lol i got it from e-bay a couple of years ago! but funnily enough, i know a site now where you can buy reproductions from for about $100

simply..

russianarmysurplus.com

that one is a 1980s russian tank driver helmet... winter collection - no shit!

lol i've got to say i'm not reeeeally that up on the history, it's just i've started to pick these things up from searching e-bay all the time and the fact that half of my bluddy wardrobe is like an army surplus shop!

loramarsden

Posted Thu Mar 5th, 2009 11:51am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
...as for it looking cool walking down the street. thats what i think. every day.

but living in wigan makes it VERY difficult to walk down the street in clothes like this lol... at least my MASSIVE metal german helmet is protective against bottles etc... but NOTHING repells spit.

though, now i'm at uni in manchester. its not as accepting as i'd hoped.

loramarsden

Posted Thu Mar 5th, 2009 11:52am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
oh and thankyou for the welcomes this is the first thing i've responded to that hasn't been ignored!

Antonia

Posted Sun Mar 8th, 2009 12:57am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
I like the hands and the little fringes/curls around his ears.

Katrina

Posted Sun Mar 8th, 2009 7:22am Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
He looks hot, and just in time for Spring Break (if you've been following his twitter, you know how much he's enjoying that...) X-D

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Soph

Posted Sun Mar 8th, 2009 1:21pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
I have to admit I giggled so much when I saw messy-chocolate-face-Stephen. http://twitpic.com/1xcpy

Photobucket

andrealein

Posted Sun Mar 8th, 2009 1:55pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
I have to admit I giggled so much when I saw messy-chocolate-face-Stephen. http://twitpic.com/1xcpy
Me too. So cute!

Benjamin

Posted Sun Mar 8th, 2009 2:37pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
and i don't intend to quit either. i love my golden virginia

YES! You know your superior 'baccy, miss! I'm a GV man, but regretfully current circumstances render it a luxury, and so I've had to relegate myself to the cheaper Cutter's Choice.

My Dad hates that I smoke, too - probably because he quit himself when, hrrm... well, when he had kids. So it's a bit of a piss take.

As for losing weight when you quit smoking, I've never heard that to be the case. I know you lose sleep, but I understand that you're more likely to put weight on, seeing as you need something to fill the void left by lovely, lovely fags, and food is often it.

I'm an unrepentant smoker and drinker, too. In fact, I can't really think of anything I do that's healthy, short of drinking a litre of Tesco value orange juice in a pop when I'm thirsty.

Stephen is looking great, but I hope the weight loss is for legitimate reasons (the fact that he's been getting lots of exercise and whatnot) rather that depression or abstinence. The last thing I want is for the man to disappear.

I'm a histrionic, holistic, herculean halibut.

CLICK TO SEE MY BRAINS.

Antonia

Posted Sun Mar 8th, 2009 5:40pm Post subject: Whoa!! THIS is Stephen Fry?!!!
Me too. So cute!

I want to hand him a moist cloth. How does this man eat? (>_<)