Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

passy

Posted Wed Feb 18th, 2009 10:16pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
I admit it-I am besotted with Stephen Fry. Don't know why, except perhaps he resembles, slightly, a young Aussie lover I once had. But the voice, OMG, the voice. He could read me the ingredients from a soup can label & I would positively swoon! Is anyone else similarly affected?

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 4:57pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
Sorry, for the late response, passy, just saw this now. But the easy answer is "yes" I, too, have become totally besotted by Mr. Fry. X-D It is partially his voice, partially his wonderful eyes, partially his amazing intellect, partially his openenss and sharing, and probably most importantly for me, his kindness and patience to everyone. He is a true gentleman.

ETA: Okay, considering his latest tweet, I think I need to withdraw my ''''true gentleman" comment. Oh Stephen, I love you any way.

PamJH

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 3:08am Post subject: Why do I love this man???
Sorry, for the late response, passy, just saw this now. But the easy answer is "yes" I, too, have become totally besotted by Mr. Fry. X-D It is partially his voice, partially his wonderful eyes, partially his amazing intellect, partially his openenss and sharing, and probably most importantly for me, his kindness and patience to everyone. He is a true gentleman.

I couldn't say it any better than Ginj did. I will only add that I appreciate his humility, too.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 2:02pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
*smacks self on forehead* When listing the many admirable attributes of Mr. Fry, I neglected to mention his wonderful sense of humor. Of course, that is another reason why I find him so lovable. :-//

PamJH

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 3:49pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
*smacks self on forehead* When listing the many admirable attributes of Mr. Fry, I neglected to mention his wonderful sense of humor. Of course, that is another reason why I find him so lovable. :-//

Ah yes, that too.

Nitro

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 5:29pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
Wow. He sounds nearly perfect. He probably doesn't fart either.

Uh oh. I might be sent to my room for that one X-D

Really? Wow.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 5:54pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???

PamJH

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 8:24pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
Wow. He sounds nearly perfect. He probably doesn't fart either.

Uh oh. I might be sent to my room for that one X-D

If he didn't fart, I'd be surprised. My spouse and son are proficient farters so I assume all men are equal to the task.

And you can't go to your room. That's where all your stuff is. You many retire to the basement.(':)')

passy

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 8:42pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
How wonderful that all of you are in the U.S.; it means Stephen's fame is spreading. Is anyone else having a hissy fit due to the difficulty in installing the new BBC "Real Player" on mac book? I have given up & can no longer listen to Stephen except on his sites. Bummer!.
I trust everyone has signed the petition on QI to get the show on BBC America.
Here's the link: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/usaqi/ I'm #6876, yay!
Question of the day: "What are the chances of finding a straight Stephen Fry, do you suppose?" I'd put smiley emoticon here, but they seem to hate me & won't show .

PamJH

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 8:52pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
How wonderful that all of you are in the U.S.; it means Stephen's fame is spreading. Is anyone else having a hissy fit due to the difficulty in installing the new BBC "Real Player" on mac book? I have given up & can no longer listen to Stephen except on his sites. Bummer!.
I trust everyone has signed the petition on QI to get the show on BBC America.
Here's the link: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/usaqi/ I'm #6876, yay!
Question of the day: "What are the chances of finding a straight Stephen Fry, do you suppose?" I'd put smiley emoticon here, but they seem to hate me & won't show .

I don't think there's a chance of finding another Stephen, straight or gay. That's probably for the best, and we all seem to share this one very nicely.

Do you suppose your mac book problem means I won't be able to install BBC Real Player on my new iMac once I get the Internet going on it? I hope not. I was hoping to do just that.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 8:53pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
Hi Passy, glad to see you came back. I have no idea what you are talking about as far as MAC book and podgrams go, unfortunately. X-D I am barely able to turn my computer on without written instructions every morning, so such things are beyond me, technically speaking. But yes, I have signed the QI petition, although even if someone does pick it up it will probably require cable or satellite reception, which I don't have. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy the episodes on You Tube on my lunch hour at work.

passy

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 9:00pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
Hi Pam, I've found lots of complaints online about just what i've experienced-the dumb thing goes to something called "gold", which you don't want. I'm going to go into the apple store or call them to see if they can help. I miss my shows!

passy

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 9:02pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
Hi Ginj, I'm pretty saavy on this mac & can't understand why this site is so troubling. In addition to text when I add an emoticon, it won't let me use another font color. Ah well.......

Steph*

Posted Mon Jun 22nd, 2009 10:21pm Post subject: Why do I love this man???
Oh, I have to agree with you all, here's another Stephen lover, to join the club. I love his gorgeous accent, and like it's already been said, he does seem to be a true gentleman, Where can I find myself a Stephen? X-D

BatPat

Posted Wed Jul 1st, 2009 1:36am Post subject: Why do I love this man???
I'm in a state of plationic lesbian love for Mister Stephen...v.v