Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 10:13am Post subject: Why Jonathan Ross should be sacked
I find Ross to be quite entertaining and good at his job. I watch his show where I can on youtube and listen to his radio show.

Anyone who knows anything about Jonathan Ross knows he is not homophobic in the least.

Of all the people that listen to his radio show...at last count 4 people had complained about his comment and on various forums and on twitter the GLBT community has been sending messages of support to him.

The problem is that the Sachs thing still has people in a tizzy when in reality if the BBC persons who screens the shows for offensive content had taken it out it would have never made it to air.

Wossy is like our Letterman or Leno...just a personality. He gets on well with his guests and is talented. Will he turn some people off? Of course. Many people think Leno is too risque and that Letterman is just too sexist overall but we keep watching.

I've always suspected he's just a teddy bear who gets obnoxious from time to time and following him on Twitter has really revealed just that. The devoted father and family man that few people see really comes out as well as his obsession with many of the subjects he presents on. Sorry for the overall dissertation but if I were paying the license fee...I'd want Jonathan to stay put.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 10:25am Post subject: Why Jonathan Ross should be sacked
Oh yeah and to add...he is not anything at all like Rush or Bill or Ann or any of those crazies at all. Definitely more like a David Letterman.

If he were like them...he'd not get a bit of support from me.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Nitro

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 11:01pm Post subject: Why Jonathan Ross should be sacked

. Many people think Leno is too risque and that Letterman is just too sexist overall but we keep watching.

I don't watch Letterman or Leno. I find them both terribly boring. Which points out that taste is subjective. I'm more of a Charlie Rose type X-D

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 4:52am Post subject: Why Jonathan Ross should be sacked
I'm more a Craig Ferguson girl

Help

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 12:36pm Post subject: Why Jonathan Ross should be sacked
I have such a crush on David Letterman and it's just not right

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon May 18th, 2009 1:00pm Post subject: Why Jonathan Ross should be sacked
I cannot stand David Letterman, he is rude and much too self-absorbed. (That is not directed to your statement, Help, I just happened to be the next person to post.)

I think out of all of the American examples mentioned that Jonathon Ross is most like Don Imus. Having said that, I don't dislike either man. I think they both have admirable qualities, but that they also get themselves in trouble with their mouths in an effort to be funny, without any thought as to who it may offend.