Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ovilbianca

Posted Wed Sep 3rd, 2008 11:44pm Post subject: why only this short?
I love the spontaneity of these podgrams so maybe they come in whatever length they are, but I wouldn't mind longer podcasts!
also, there must be countless older recordings of stephen talking.. like radio broadcasts, interviews.. etc
Why not put up all that stuff here?

Autumn

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 12:49am Post subject: why only this short?
I love the spontaneity of these podgrams so maybe they come in whatever length they are, but I wouldn't mind longer podcasts!
also, there must be countless older recordings of stephen talking.. like radio broadcasts, interviews.. etc
Why not put up all that stuff here?

Very good idea I don't listen to many other podcasts, but I can never get enough of listening to Mr. Fry, so the longer the better

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 11:39am Post subject: why only this short?
I haven't voted because I'm not fussed what length they are really. I'm just happy to listen.

Assuming direct control...

favoritedarkness

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 1:11pm Post subject: why only this short?
I haven't voted because I'm not fussed what length they are really. I'm just happy to listen.
I agree

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 4:33pm Post subject: why only this short?
i am just glad he takes the time...if he did it for a mere moment i would be thrilled.

but as for other podcasts that i subscribe to over 1 hr. is fun for a personal podcast but generally round 30 minutes for specific topics unless its panel.

but i will be thrilled to the gills with whatever mr. fry has to offer of his insanely busy schedule.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

wooden_elf

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 4:55pm Post subject: why only this short?
I agree with everyone in here. Time doesn't really matter. I'm happy Stephen makes these podcasts for us to listen to and enjoy.

Libramum

Posted Sun Sep 7th, 2008 3:29am Post subject: why only this short?
Good idea for a topic and of course I'd always like to 'hear more', but ultimately it's only as long as Mr. Fry has something to say.

Warren

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 11:40am Post subject: why only this short?
Obviously more is more when it comes to Stephen Fry but I'll happily accept what I am given.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 4:28pm Post subject: why only this short?
i am just glad he takes the time...if he did it for a mere moment i would be thrilled.
couldn´t agree more

..., but ultimately it's only as long as Mr. Fry has something to say.

If his podgrams were as long as Mr Fry had something to say, our ears would be burning X-D

One should really appreciate the fact that he must be carving out time for these podgrams, given his busy schedule. But being the kind soul he is, he sits down to share his views with visitors to this forum, when in fact he could be spending time with loved ones or do whatever needs doing... Hence, I think it´s immodest to ask for more and I won´t vote ...

Grant McGoldrick

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 5:17pm Post subject: why only this short?
[Hence, I think it´s immodest to ask for more and I won´t vote ...

I don't really think that answering the poll's asking for that length of podcast. It's just about stating your preferences, not making demands.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 8:33pm Post subject: why only this short?
[Hence, I think it´s immodest to ask for more and I won´t vote ...

I don't really think that answering the poll's asking for that length of podcast. It's just about stating your preferences, not making demands.

Yes but would you really want Stephen Fry to come across this topic and see the question? I wouldn't. We don't know how much of his site he looks at and browses. Whenever people have begged for more frequent podgrams and blessays in the comments section he always ends up apologising and I hate that. I hate thinking that he's getting stressed out thinking he's letting his fans down.

Assuming direct control...

wooden_elf

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 8:57pm Post subject: why only this short?
Whenever people have begged for more frequent podgrams and blessays in the comments section he always ends up apologising and I hate that. I hate thinking that he's getting stressed out thinking he's letting his fans down.

I completely agree.

when in fact he could be spending time with loved ones or do whatever needs doing... (from above)

I would rather think that Stephen wouldn't make these podcasts if he didn't enjoy it. I don't think he sees it as a "charity" to his fans. I would hope not.