Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Tourmaline

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:02pm Post subject: Wilde
The tender scene between Stephen and Jude Law for example made me forget about the gay issue. It was so well acted and so absorbing.

Weren't they just adorably beautiful together? Not just the sexy stuff, but the walk in the park, the sweet conversations. And Stephen Fry also said that Jude Law was the best kisser out of all his co-stars

Flossy

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:57pm Post subject: Wilde
It was a bit of a shock when Stephen absconded to Belgium during that theatre run. I couldn't believe that someone with such a command of his role and such acting ability could be effected like that.

I used to act and know what those nerves are like but at the time I wasn't aware of his condition.

The relationship he calved out with Jude Law was something else though! It brough the gay question into our living rooms in a completeley different way. No longer the Mr Humphries or Larry Grayson camp stereotypes but a real sensitive and loving relationship between two people which transcended the pathetic notions of gayness we see portraid in the popular press.

Hats off to the film makers for being sold bold as to challenge the nonsense in the media which does little to stop homophobia and in doing so promotes it!

Bastards all, the entire Murdoch "Empire" and the hacks who work for them.

I'm an athiest but if I were to try and define evil in the modern world it would be the tabloid press and those who own and use them for their greedy ends!

Starts off nice and ends in hate?

One gets carried away what!!!

MrsFry1987

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 11:21pm Post subject: Wilde
The DVD is well worth the fiver even just to watch the Movie again in better quality. The documentary is mainly stephen talking with bit so fthe movies thrown in and the odd note from someone involved in the making.
If you love stephen buy the DVD, you know it makes sense!LOL!

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu May 3rd, 2007 8:15pm Post subject: Wilde
I haven't seen Wilde yet (but am planning to) and from the pictures in the Fry-A-Day thread (thanks to lovely Fryphile) it seems to have more gay sex than Brokeback Mountain- does it???

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu May 3rd, 2007 8:38pm Post subject: Wilde
it seems to have more gay sex than Brokeback Mountain- does it???

X-D Gay sex galore!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu May 3rd, 2007 8:39pm Post subject: Wilde
Oooooh!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 3rd, 2007 9:26pm Post subject: Wilde
it seems to have more gay sex than Brokeback Mountain- does it???

X-D Gay sex galore!

If you like Wilde check out Total Eclipse. It came out sometime before Wilde and is brilliant. It's one of my favourite films and has an amazing score which I'm always listening to on my mp3 player. It's about the French poets Arthur Rimbaud (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) and Paul Verlaine (played by David Thewlis aka Prof. Remus Lupin from Harry Potter) and their relationship. So lots of gay sex, angst, poetry, shenanigans in the countryside, Verlaine suffering the same fate as Wilde for his love (two years hard labour) and eventually the death of Rimbaud as Verlaine lives on.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 2:43pm Post subject: Wilde
Have been trying to get Wilde (DVD) in Australia for a long while now.
Is there any one out there in Australia who knows where to buy it from.
Last time I tried (about a month ago) they were telling me at JB Hifi and Borders that it is currently out of "print/production", due to a bad production run.
Sounds sus' to me.....
Did manage to hire it on Video years ago, and as a Fry and Wilde fan, loved it.
I also have the Peter Finch version, but obviously a much older film, filmed back in a period when they still had to be careful what was screened.
Catch ya
Pete

Flossy

Posted Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 3:51pm Post subject: Wilde
Have been trying to get Wilde (DVD) in Australia for a long while now.
Is there any one out there in Australia who knows where to buy it from.
Last time I tried (about a month ago) they were telling me at JB Hifi and Borders that it is currently out of "print/production", due to a bad production run.
Sounds sus' to me.....
Did manage to hire it on Video years ago, and as a Fry and Wilde fan, loved it.
I also have the Peter Finch version, but obviously a much older film, filmed back in a period when they still had to be careful what was screened.
Catch ya
Pete

Hi Pete! I have a copy you can buy if you like! It's a R2 copy but will play on the multi region players. Reply and let me know.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Jun 3rd, 2007 4:15am Post subject: Wilde
Hi Flossy, Many thanks for the offer. Will need to check if any of our DVD players will play Reg 2 Disks.
Will get back to you ASAP.
Best regards,
Pete

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 10:09pm Post subject: Wilde
OOOOH! I watched Wilde for the first time last night- I felt like giving Stephen the biggest hug ever when he'd been sentenced and everyone was shouting "Pervert!" at him- just awww!
It made me dig out my complete works of Oscar Wilde and start reading De Profundis.
But yeearrghhh Jude Law- not nearly good enough for our dear Stephen.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 8:15pm Post subject: Wilde
OOOOH! I watched Wilde for the first time last night- I felt like giving Stephen the biggest hug ever when he'd been sentenced and everyone was shouting "Pervert!" at him- just awww!

Awww I know and those puppy dog eyes! :'( I want to hug him so much whenever I see those final scenes.

boffinbabe12

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 11:14pm Post subject: Wilde
The sign of a truly fabulous actor- the ability to stir up such emotions! SQUEE!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jul 11th, 2007 9:04am Post subject: Wilde
He needs to get more big roles! Well he's doing Kingdom now an he's th lead which is great! I want to see more Kingdom and less of him doing teeny tiny roles in big films or among huge casts (like Gosford Park).

Shyamz

Posted Thu Jul 12th, 2007 12:11am Post subject: Wilde
God I cried like a twat watching that film :-//