Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Menecairiel

Posted Fri Jul 13th, 2007 8:11am Post subject: Wilde
Wilde made me sob. During my A-levels, I wrote an essay about Oscar and Bosie...that movie got me going throug it (no offence, Oscar, but wow does your biographers so on and on and on and on!)

I could stare at Jude Law's arse all day...and Mr Fry himself reminds me of a Greek god more often than not :p

Odora

Posted Fri Jul 13th, 2007 1:36pm Post subject: Wilde
The film's something above words.
It's breathtaking. It's marvellous. It blows out your mind and leaves your senses in silent, but delightful disorder.
It is too different - without making clear, from what point of universe does it differ and how.
I do admire both Mr. Fry's personality and Oscar Wilde's, as well. Two talents with a single face - that's too much for me to keep speaking...)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jul 18th, 2007 8:04pm Post subject: Wilde
I'm going to have to watch the film again, this weekend maybe. I keep getting the urge to watch it. Must stock up on Bournville ice cream too (for some reason I always seem to end up eating those when I watch Wilde).

Assuming direct control...

boffinbabe12

Posted Fri Jul 20th, 2007 12:02am Post subject: Wilde

I'm waiting for them to add Stephen.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Jul 28th, 2007 12:21pm Post subject: Wilde
Only just watched it last night, took me a while to get the DVD. It was well worth the wait though. It was brilliant!!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Nov 29th, 2007 8:28am Post subject: Wilde
"Wilde" is airing on 3 December on Austrian television - I nearly choked on my tea, such was the surprise I did not know ORF programme directors cared for quality... definitely a one-off... I hope that there won´t be any changes to the listings at short notice because they realise there must have occurred a mistake (but mind you: Jude Law is named first, ridiculous ... ignorant b******s)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 29th, 2007 7:35pm Post subject: Wilde
(but mind you: Jude Law is named first, ridiculous ... ignorant b******s)

What?!

fryfan20

Posted Mon Jun 9th, 2008 10:57am Post subject: Wilde
i have seen the film wilde, yesterday, on youtube :-//
i have been looking for the film but in the store in the this country i had not been sucesfull in my search.

i loved the film, stephen is verry good as oscar wild, and he should have a oscar for it

I am what I am

harbour

Posted Thu Jun 12th, 2008 2:47pm Post subject: Wilde
Just saw Stephen in the Oscar Wilde film, which I thought was brilliant and extremely interesting. It rekindled my long-time passion for Wilde and I am currently revisiting all the works I can get my hands on). I think most people have long considered Stephen Fry the modern incarnation of Mr. Wilde. I doubt I would have watched a film in which anyone else was portraying him.

Desdemona

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 9:03am Post subject: Wilde
I really need to see it, i haven't yet because i can't find it anywere. Damb video shops. I have seen clips and pictures and i must comment Mr Fry looks marvelouse.

Although i do think he needs to be in more as main parts, i mean whom could dismiss such a fabulouse actor?

Skip Life and come with me?

harbour

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 10:09am Post subject: Wilde
Try http://www.youtube.com/
and search for "Wilde movie english".
The quality is so so but it's free.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 3:19pm Post subject: Wilde
I'd love to see Stephen Fry in more bigger roles too. Whether as the lead or a main supporting actor (i.e. more than just one or two scenes) like he did in Wilde and The Discovery of Heaven.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 8:54pm Post subject: Wilde
i have it now and i can't wait to watch it...it came highly recommended from my friend duncan...not that it needed any help beyond the names stephen fry or oscar wilde.

i've also been viewing QI at a very high rate....why can't the U.S. have fun Quiz Shows? </random>

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

helvissa

Posted Sun Sep 7th, 2008 6:01pm Post subject: Wilde
Oh, Wilde is such a fab film!

I loved the story of the selfish giant being read out - Stephen's voice is perfect for it. Although I do think that if he took to reading children's stories like on jackanory (which they don't have anymore?), it would be rather like Oliver Postgate and all the children would cry (How I loved Bagpuss when I was a sprog!).

Can I say that the waxwork of Oscar up there looks remarkably like Jonathan Woss? X-D

ClareBear

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 8:06am Post subject: Wilde

Green Velvet Jacket?