Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Fri Feb 29th, 2008 2:11am Post subject: Women
The title's misleading... this is a rant about my best-friend who in the space of about, maybe 2 weeks tops, has gone from rock and roll.. typical 19 year old alpha-male, playing xbox, listening to drowning pool and skipping uni at every waking opportunity.. to his girlfriends bitch, goes running at the sound of a phone vibrating, and (no kidding) candles in the place of where his xbox used to be.. candles.. CANDLES!!!

it's painful to watch someone crash into this deep pit of teddy bears, heart shaped chocolates and chick-flicks. What's worse is instead of staying out all night getting pissed with me, I get ditched so he can go to the "cinema" with his "girlfriend"... yeh, when it breaks down it's all about me.

You women are monsters. Do you do this to people/me on purpose?

Rant over, I feel a bit sick now...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

(Don't take the anti-femanism seriously... I just wanted to shout a lil, through the art of typing.)

j9r

Posted Fri Feb 29th, 2008 2:53am Post subject: Women
You hit a nerve with me. I am dealing with a friend who was doing stupid, insipid things to keep his horrible girlfriend. And now that is over I get to listen to how it was his fault for not doing what she wanted. Oh, and he is 46. Age has nothing to do with it.........

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Panja

Posted Fri Feb 29th, 2008 3:19am Post subject: Women
It happens the other way around too. My friend and I used to be inseparable, more like sisters than friends. Then a year and a half ago, she started dating a guy and her personality was completely absorbed and altered by him and she's changed so much I barely recognize her anymore - not that I ever get a chance to recognize her because I haven't seen her in months, she ditched all her old friends to hang out with him and all his friends.

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Feb 29th, 2008 5:08am Post subject: Women
That's the way of the world. A couple of blokes or girls are inseparable, and then the dreaded Opposite Sex interferes. Standard script for attaining maturity. Kind of sad, really.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Feb 29th, 2008 6:53am Post subject: Women
It happens the other way around too. My friend and I used to be inseparable, more like sisters than friends. Then a year and a half ago, she started dating a guy and her personality was completely absorbed and altered by him and she's changed so much I barely recognize her anymore - not that I ever get a chance to recognize her because I haven't seen her in months, she ditched all her old friends to hang out with him and all his friends.

Amen. The loss of all personality and individuality while dating is def. without a gender bias.

Britannicus

Posted Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 5:11am Post subject: Women
I also have a friend who's been sucked into the dreaded obsessive relationship. She ditched her family, changed her religion and her major, spends every waking moment agonizing over whether/when the guy's gonna propose... Meanwhile said guy is insecure and unsure, and we (the friends) are left to pick our buddy up after each of her bi-monthly breakdowns.

Of course, this is over the span of about five years. Try to be optimistic, Tom. New Relationship Energy makes people act completely and utterly WACKOOO!!!! But fear not: it usually runs itself out down to a more stable level after a few weeks or so

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Shyamz

Posted Tue Mar 4th, 2008 5:03pm Post subject: Women
Absolutely.
No one should have to change their own habits or personality to please someone else, and if they have to, then that person isn't worth been with in the first place!

It always amazes me when someone complains about something they consider annoying or unacceptable about their partner. Surely you knew what the person was like before you got involved with them? (and if you didn't and just rushed into things then that's a whole other problem). Be happy that you're in a relationship with someone who wants you for who you are, and let them be themselves too!

People shouldn't be with someone if they cannot accept everything about them, or if they think they can change undesireable things about them to suit themselves. It'll never work.

...having said that, I would force myself to listen to Radio 3 if James May wanted me to...I don't mind classical...even on R3...really, I could live with that.

joan

Posted Wed Mar 5th, 2008 7:27am Post subject: Women
Sometimes, being passionately in lust with someone removes all common sense - for a while. They just cannot see beyond the person they are obsessed with. Friends, old interests, the old life etc are forgotten.

It can take months, years even, but it will end. Hang in there and forgive your friend - blame chemistry.

LilyG

Posted Wed Mar 5th, 2008 11:00am Post subject: Women
Sometimes, being passionately in lust with someone removes all common sense - for a while. They just cannot see beyond the person they are obsessed with. Friends, old interests, the old life etc are forgotten.

It can take months, years even, but it will end. Hang in there and forgive your friend - blame chemistry.

so wise, true fact

st.bipolar

Posted Wed Mar 5th, 2008 1:24pm Post subject: Women
dont let a woman take control of your weine thats when theyve got you !!!!!lol

my dad told me that when i was young oh what a lovely view on relationships he has

I cant really condemn any of the people that this happened to because when i was in love i did silly things (well sillier) but im lucky in that i grow out of it fairly fast and i dont fall in love often but dont worry tom as joan says just blame chemistry specifically vasopressin and oxtocin.

and tom finally dont let a woman take control of your weine thats when theyve got you!!!!!

Grandad Kwaker

Posted Thu Mar 6th, 2008 12:15pm Post subject: Women

so wise, true fact
Absolutely 100% agree