Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

karen m

Posted Mon Apr 28th, 2008 10:16am Post subject: woo hoo
I'm taking my best friend who doesn't actually watch Qi but is being dragged along in the hope of conversion lol and my dad because contrary to his thinking that i only want him there to drive, i thought he'd like it seeing as he loves Qi and i only watched it because of him in the beginning ( and we're taking the tube anyway! )

hannah-mae

Posted Wed Apr 30th, 2008 9:02pm Post subject: woo hoo
I just found out that I have tickets for the 19th! So shocked and excited! Just how early should I aim to get there though? I'd hate to be turned away...

(& also, for those who have been before - how easy are the London Studios to get to from Waterloo station? My sense of direction is appalling and I'm a bit concerned that I'll get lost..)

ClareBear

Posted Mon May 5th, 2008 10:19am Post subject: woo hoo
whee, off in half an hour

karen m

Posted Mon May 5th, 2008 4:48pm Post subject: woo hoo
off in a week starting..... now

ClareBear

Posted Tue May 6th, 2008 12:53am Post subject: woo hoo
Well, that was odd.

I gently tugged a string or two to avoid having to queue for most of the day and wound up getting a shout out from the boss and nattering to Dara O'Briain in the green room afterwards.

Mandy'll have it all in detail when she gets back here....panellists were Dara O'Briain, Jo Brand and Phill Jupitus, theme was fingers, faces and feet and Stephen was miffed at having to film while the snooker finals were on.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue May 6th, 2008 1:49am Post subject: woo hoo
New QI section! New QI section!

*waits impatiently for Mandible's detailed report* Was it all a LOLfest?

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ClareBear

Posted Tue May 6th, 2008 1:55am Post subject: woo hoo
F bombs. Which were pointless because they'll be bleeped out of the broadcast and dvd releases. Rock Paper Scissors. Plenty of Embarassed!Stephen. The audience won

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue May 6th, 2008 12:41pm Post subject: woo hoo
*gush* embarrassed!Stephen is the best Stephen to snuggle.

That's the third time the audience has won.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

whattocallmyself

Posted Tue May 6th, 2008 8:38pm Post subject: woo hoo
there i was sitting in the canteen on a break from the hell i call my job, sobbing into my sandwich when i looked down at my phone and realised i had a voicemail message, who could it be i thought, who indeed. It was the applause store coming to cheer up my day by telling me i had prority tickets for qi 12th may. suddenly my day seems much brighter and i have now solidly booked the 12th as my day off , yay!

I'm going there on the 12th as well, coming all the way from Sweden....

Wow! I was thinking of going on the 12th as well! (but other things turned their ugly heads) We could have gone at the same time, from the same land, to the same happening having the same name..Wouldn't that have been wierd!

Onwards and Upwards!

Anna-Maria

Posted Wed May 7th, 2008 9:38am Post subject: woo hoo
there i was sitting in the canteen on a break from the hell i call my job, sobbing into my sandwich when i looked down at my phone and realised i had a voicemail message, who could it be i thought, who indeed. It was the applause store coming to cheer up my day by telling me i had prority tickets for qi 12th may. suddenly my day seems much brighter and i have now solidly booked the 12th as my day off , yay!

I'm going there on the 12th as well, coming all the way from Sweden....

Wow! I was thinking of going on the 12th as well! (but other things turned their ugly heads) We could have gone at the same time, from the same land, to the same happening having the same name..Wouldn't that have been wierd!

That would've been great, maybe next year! Nothing can keep me from going to London and attend a recording...

Fiona

Posted Thu May 8th, 2008 1:22pm Post subject: woo hoo
I am going on the 20th. Not read about anyone else going that day though I don't think.

Mandibles

Posted Fri May 9th, 2008 11:18am Post subject: woo hoo
For full show spoilers please check out the official QI Blog,

http://qitalk.blogspot.com/

I did enjoy my time in the Green Room and I got a big hug from Stephen when I gave him his bear. I must have been in there chatting and mingling for at least an hour and a half xD It was really great, especially chatting with Piers Fletcher and John Lloyd.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

robertas

Posted Mon May 12th, 2008 10:13am Post subject: woo hoo
Oh Lord very jealous of you all, but do enjoy yourself
I'd love to go (along the lines I'd donate my kidney or something however I will have to start planning it a year in advance, the plane ticket, the accommodation not to mention the actual QI tickets

And May 20th is my biiiiiiiiiiirthday........... ahhhhhhhhh
So anyone going on the 20th spare me a thought while you are giggling along
I would love it if anyone could pinch Mr. Fry's cheek, but I dont want anyone get arrested or slapped with harassment charges X-D

karen m

Posted Mon May 12th, 2008 11:15am Post subject: woo hoo
yay i finally get to go 2night woo hoo! been watching qi all last night to get into the spirit ....

Fiona

Posted Tue May 13th, 2008 1:13pm Post subject: woo hoo
How was the recording on the 12th then?