Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

karen m

Posted Tue May 13th, 2008 1:44pm Post subject: woo hoo
it was really good, it was my first time to see qi and i was a bit surprised at just how close i was to stephen and alan *gushes*

Rufus Hound did the warm up and was fantasticly funny. The topics surrounded fakery mainly with talks of freaks, lyre birds and shaved bears. The stage was clear of props- every one else that has been seems to have seen sneek peeks of C series DVD which they didnt show :s. the panelists were alan (obviously!) sean lock, jimmy carr and in my excitement i can't remember the 4th person but they r new to qi :-//, all the panelists were introduced with masks of each other held to their faces but they decided to re take the beginning without them. there was a segment where stephen had to toss a coin when they were discussing the probability of heads/tails so had a close up of his lovely honey hands *squee* which either sean or alan commented on saying he looked jaundiced! towards the pickups alan was getting very cold and hungry wanting rolos and took advantage trying to correct some of his forfeits on the re takes , there were many faults with the buzzers, screens and tape which stephen commented on 'the audience aren't bored, but i am!' The word that would cause forfeight was 'fiddle' which stephen was bemused at because at no point in the show was there any opportunity for the word so it seemed a bit pointless until they found out about it linking the word fiddle to children- will not make the cut lol! Neither will a comment made about self harming which was a bit close to the edge! as far as i remember Sean came first, jimmy second, alan third and the other panelist *i will remember it* fourth. the audience came 5th with minus 35

Emma18

Posted Tue May 13th, 2008 3:16pm Post subject: woo hoo
I thought it was fantastic
The fourth pannelist was Marcus Brigstoke. There was also a funny part where Alan did an impression of a salamander walking on hot sand I think? Soooo funny!!

Will definitely try and go next year

katysara

Posted Tue May 13th, 2008 5:10pm Post subject: woo hoo
So jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

karen m

Posted Wed May 14th, 2008 12:09am Post subject: woo hoo
I thought it was fantastic
The fourth pannelist was Marcus Brigstoke. There was also a funny part where Alan did an impression of a salamander walking on hot sand I think? Soooo funny!!

Will definitely try and go next year

he did the same thing as part of his urban trauma tour- very funny! its all on you tube but that bit is missed out :s Marcus Brigstoke! *finally clicks* lol

anything i forgot that u remember? I will so go again even if it kills me. i did contemplate jumping the barrier to get to stephen and alan but didn't think it would be worth it because i wouldn't get to them before security stepped in, there were the big fat cameras that i would have to run around, i wouldn't be able to jump that barrier anyway- all of which would result in being thrown out never to return!

It was so worth hearing my sister moan about the waiting for over an hour

where were you sitting by the way???

Emma18

Posted Wed May 14th, 2008 10:19am Post subject: woo hoo
I was right in the top left corner, as my mum can't transfer from her wheelchair, and so we needed to stay up at the top X-D
There was also the part where we had to remember those words, and I thought it was spider because of the 'False memory syndrome' and the Stephen goes "Well there's two honest people in the audience" X-D

Fiona

Posted Fri May 16th, 2008 1:05pm Post subject: woo hoo
Am I the only one going on the 20th??

Fiona

Posted Wed May 21st, 2008 7:16pm Post subject: woo hoo
That is me back from the 20th recording. Never got to meet any fellow forumers. Not sure if this is because I was the only one there or because nobody on here likes me and y'all avoided me, lol.

2nd row was awesome! Still can't believe how small the set was!

Phlizz

Posted Sat May 24th, 2008 10:35pm Post subject: woo hoo
I pick the second option mate *giggles* You know I'm just kidding. Actually I'd have come to meet you anyway (even though I didn't have a ticket) if I'd not been in France this week. I'm glad you had an ace time - I said you would

Fiona

Posted Mon May 26th, 2008 9:19pm Post subject: woo hoo

I don't know, I finally get a chance to go to London and you head off to France! Talk about convenient timing

I did have an ace time. Thank you for caring, lol