Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

trouser material

Posted Fri Jul 27th, 2007 4:54pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?

I'm only returning to tell you that he has NEVER beaten his wife, and that you don't even have any evidence to back up such a damaging claim.
I'm clearly having a laugh but you behave like you know him and need tyo stick up for him, its ridiculous. Now return again just ONE MORE TIME to reply to this:

FUCK OFF!!!

Shyamz

Posted Fri Jul 27th, 2007 5:01pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
I'm feeling a lot of negativity in this thread. X-D

1. Angus Deayton is great! His script for this show is quite rubbish, but he still keeps his fantastic deadpan delivery. I can understand why people don't like him though.

2. I really can't understand how anyone can dislike David Mitchell. Elaborate, Shyamz.

I think he's wonderful! He's really funny on this show, he's quick witted and he is extremely talented at humourous banter with anybody. What's wrong with him?

And the fact that I'll never see Stephen on it again just because TV's so-called "Mr Sex" (!?) isn't there makes me howl at the ******* moon!
Eh?

Oh, and Peep Show = teh awesome.

Hi.

The "Mr Sex" thing refers to the fact that this is what he used to be called(?)
Apparently, when the poularity of H.I.G.N.F.Y was at it's peak, Deyton could be found riding quite high in the "Top Sexiest Men" polls that some magazines insist on running. (Deyton? Surely some mistake?!?) Something I will never be able to understand.

Although I feel my reasons for hating Angus are jusified still, I'll happily elaborate on Mitchell, (much though it pains me to think about him).

The general consensus seems to be that Peep Show is a work of original genius.

This is not the case.

The idea of a comedy about social embarrasment and the "Two flatmates spend their time trying to get through a crap job and pull a bird" idea is far from original. But it seems that people, (and I don't mean you, obviously) took one look at that pile of over-rated rubbish and said "Ohhh look!! P-O-V camera angles!!! It's SO innovative my pants might get sticky just watching it!!!!" Christ.

As for him in general, I really find his presence on any show an unbearable embarrasment.
If we actually listen to him, we find that he has nothing terribly original to say.
But it sounds as if he does, because he cannot speak normally. (slow DOWN you twat!) He shouts all his points, I cannot be the only one to have noticed this. But I did. And this is why I cannot watch him.

Here is a translation of a typical David Mitchell quiz show contribution, (typical in that it could really be ANY David Mitchell contribution).
Nervous, speedy delivery included:

"ohmygodi'mSOmiddleclassandnervous, i'mterrifiediwon'tbefunny,andimustbe,iwenttocaimbridge! butidon'thaveanythingtosay, soi'll SHOUT THE END OF MY LINE, SO PEOPLE THINK I'M SAYING SOMETHING REALLY FUNNY OR IMPORTIANT!"

(Thinks): "ohmygoditworked! They'relaughingatme! horray!! IwonderifIlookassmugasIanHislop? ihopesoireallylikehimhe'ssocleverandhisattemptstosoundknowledgeable
aboutyouthculturearesofunny!

myployofplayingtherepressedenglishfopisworking! theyloveme! that'llteachallthegirlsatscoolwhousedtolaughatme!

ohdear,it'smyturnagain! i'dbettersaysomething. iwishiwasstephenfry,iwishiwasstephenfry,iwishiwasstephenfry! buti'mnotandihatethati'mnotandiwishiwasasgood, buti'mnotandi'msoangryaboutitsomeonelookatme!!! loveme!!!

I'MFUNNY!!IWENTTOCAIMBRIDGE!!! I'MNOTATWAT,LIKETHEKIDSATSCHOOLUSEDTOSAYIWAS!!! LOVEME!!! I'LLSHOWTHEM,I'LLSHOWTHEMALL!!! LOVEME!!!

STEPHEN'SMYHEROBUTI'LLNEVERBEASGOODASHIM!!!IWHANTTOBEHIM!!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

"Obviously it's B, Angus"

Not easy to read, but then he isn't easy to listen to.

People probably think that mine is a rare, and unpopular opinion...but it's far more common than many people realise. (Try cookdnbomd.co.uk and you'll see what I mean...and will hear from many more people who don't let the general sheep-like consensus tell them what is good and what isn't) Be warned though...some of them there are a bit twattish).

And before anyone leaps on me for saying that above, may I add that I'm NOT calling anyone HERE a SHEEP, I'm just saying that for every one person who loves something, there will be another one (or two, more likely) who hates it, and they are just as entitled to their oppinion as others, even if people like to tell them they are wrong, and wether people like what they say or not.

Shyamz

Posted Fri Jul 27th, 2007 5:35pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?

I'm only returning to tell you that he has NEVER beaten his wife, and that you don't even have any evidence to back up such a damaging claim.
I'm clearly having a laugh but you behave like you know him and need tyo stick up for him, its ridiculous. Now return again just ONE MORE TIME to reply to this:

FUCK OFF!!!

Well...you seem to do that quite a lot, don't you?

I mean making a point, and then when someone is capable of responding to you, all you can do is counter it with a-frankly rather weak-"Oh I was joking! So the joke's on you!! I don't have anything to support my opinion, so I'll pretend it's a joke!!! You fools!!"

How sad for you.

Also, I have never acted in the way you describe.

I DID NOT act like he is a mate, or that I need to stick up for him in any way.
All I said was that you have no way to back up such a statement, which is true.

There are many people here who refer to Stephen Fry as just "Stephen", and have become very pally in the way they refer to him...much more so that I have...but I don't hear you saying such things to them. So I would conclude that this is an argument you just use when it suits you, wether it be true or not.

This not the way I have ever spoken about Vic Reeves. If someone doesn't like someone, then they are entitled to that opinion...but only if they have a real, reasoned and inteligent argument for not liking them. If the most a person can do is say someone is a Spamwheat, WITHOUT been able to give any examples of why they are not as funny, clever or inteligent as others say they are, then they MUST expect to get a response from more eloquent people who CAN put thier point forward.

And yes, I was considering FUCKING OFF once I realised that this site contained people like you...the kind I have left other forums for in the past, and have had enough of in my life allready...but I've changed my mind.

You want me to fuck off? Bad luck. X-D

I'm STAYING.

The more you want me to go, the more I will post...the more annoyed you get by my presence, the more annoying I shall be.

Here I am, with my posts full of smilies!!

There I am again, chatting to people about Shooting Stars!

Who's that over there?

Asking people how their Stephen Fry birthday cards are coming along?

Yes it's me!! Hello there!!

Time to get over yourself my friend, as there are some people here who CAN'T be intimidated by your sad posturing and carefully orchestrated sour, downbeat persona.

trouser material

Posted Fri Jul 27th, 2007 6:00pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
You must be a right barrel of laughs down the pub. Do you scrutinise everyones off the cuff remarks with such thorough dissection? I've no problem with you or anybody else liking or disliking whoever, but it seems you've had a problem with me far longer than i've even known you were here.

I'm not a bully, i don't try to intimidate people on here, usually i'll just throw in a gag or a smut to maybe raise a smirk or simply get overlooked, its no issue with me, i don't mind. You blast in saying 'I HATE GREGG PROOPS!', 'I HATE HARRY POTTER!!' 'I HATE DAVID MITCHELL!!' but thats not sour negativity for no reason? Hmmm.

You say you've had enough of people like me in your life? I take that personally offensive. What exactly do you know of me? One picture on an avatar and some posts on a forum about a comic with MD? Not exactly the bigger picture is it. You've no idea what i do and what i accomplish. As for the phrase 'get over yourself', i've never heard anything so wrong. My remarks are always self deprecating, as well as cynical of myself and others, including you.

If you're going to reply to this, please make it short, as i suffer from ADHD and struggle to wade through your wafflings.

Shyamz

Posted Sat Jul 28th, 2007 6:51pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
Of course I don't scrutinise all I hear, but if you type the kind of things you do, then you must expect to be stood up to, mustn't you?

As for your comment regarding MY comments on people I dislike, may I draw your attention to my response to Absolutley Curtians post regarding Mitchell... and Deyton...and another about Pamela Stephenson in another topic...quite reasoned I think you'll find.
I am allways happy to elaborate if need be, but it depends on the general tone of a thread, and if it's simply one asking, "do you like so-and-so?", "Anyone like this show?" then I would not want to clog up a page with my full oppinion, but will simply try to judge the feel of the topic, and will be glad to explain further if a conversation is struck up about it.

As for my attitude towards you, I would not have the right to jump in and discuss issues that were prevelant here before I was a member...but I CAN form my own personal opinion based on what I've seen, and THEN I have the right to comment on thier behaviour if it seems to be turned towards me.
I don't have a problem with smutty jokes or innuendo...I've used such tools myself in conversation many a time, and love a good dirty joke...

But we weren't talking about your use of such jokes, and I don't care if people want to make them, so that is not really relevant, is it?

By people like you, I mean those who take a generaly negative attitude in such forums.
There is allways one it seems...in fact I half expected this to happen at some point. Despite my number of posts, I'm still a fairly new member, and often a new one will be jumped on for little or no reason (not that I expected it to happen here). You said something, I responded, you got silly, and now here I am, wasting my time with a man who cannot admit he said something stupid and MUST have the last word.

Have you ever actually wondered what the point was in making such a rude comment to me? I mean really? I don't feel the need to be so inflammitory with anyone, not even yourself after your insistance that I fuck off.
It's beneath me and most people here to try and win arguments in such ignorant ways...what makes you so angry?
There are a lot of younger people here who use this forum, perhaps it's easy to feel superiour here because of that fact...and you feel they won't be as good at countering your rudeness as people on a more agressive forum might be, (something I feel could not be further from the truth, as the younger ones here seem to be smarter than most other young members of other forums).
There are people who come here because they need somewere to talk about serious problems, depression been one...it's hardly appropriate to swear and create such a sour atmosphere for people in ANY forum topic, is it?
It's strange, if you are a Stephen Fry fan, then you must be aware that it's not in the spirit of the site, and if you are not, then why would you be here?

And might I add...I don't waffle. All the comments I make are purely related to things asked of me in previous posts, so I'm sorry if you have confused my intelligent postings with overly long rambling, but of course I knew you would add another insult to the end of your reply, one last stab before you sign off...as if that would somehow scare me away...too bad.

Oh you're bound to add that I'm insulting you with my last comment, calling you "unintelligent because you have ADHD! See what a bitch she is!" Well you are not the only one who has that condition, and I'm sure other ADHD sufferers will see no insult...two of my cousins, and myself included.

absolutely curtains

Posted Mon Jul 30th, 2007 10:40pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
Who saw the show the other day? Lolzage abundant.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 7:54pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
The first three episodes were ace, the ones with Frankie Boyle, John Barrowman and Dara O'Briain. The one with Neil Morrissey was a bit meh. Russell Howard was funny as usual and Vic Reeves was annoying as usual (what's with the stupid faces he pulled all the fucking time?). Tara sommatorother in last week's was scary.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 8:17pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
Calm down please or Atari will be informed.

trouser material

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 8:35am Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
Calm down please or Atari will be informed.
Yeah tell! Tell!! I saw Shyamz smoking behind the bike sheds and spitting out gum on the floor! Miss! miss!

Aoibheann

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 10:00am Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
The abuse. Yous mad whores. X-D

trouser material

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 11:34am Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
You know me, i find being nice extremely difficult.

absolutely curtains

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 11:56am Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
Tara etc was indeed weeird... As much as she infuriates me she was very funny - mainly because she set people up to take the piss out of her.

Vic Reeves' "detective" face was wonderful, as is Russell Howard, always.

Oh yeah, I remember the one with John Barrowman. He's such a picture of health, it's not fair on us normal people... Those teeth! Christ! *faints slightly*

Shyamz

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 5:11pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
I know! Apparently he's 39!! How does he manage that, he looks about my age at times?!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2007 7:06pm Post subject: Would I Lie Tou You?
He's 40 now! Looking good.

Assuming direct control...