Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MochaMary

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 3:01am Post subject: Would love to see Stephen Fry guest star on House, M.D.
I am new to this forum, so forgive me if this has been discussed before. Has there ever been any discussion of asking Stephen Fry to guest star as a character on the TV show House, M.D.? I would love to see a reunion with Hugh Laurie on that show.

Ernest Worthing

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 3:33am Post subject: Would love to see Stephen Fry guest star on House, M.D.
I've read rumours about it, but there isn't any real indication that it's going to happen as far as I know.

If he did appear in it, I hope that he would speak in his proper accent, because I just cannot imagine him speaking in an American accent...

mila

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 4:33am Post subject: Would love to see Stephen Fry guest star on House, M.D.
Apparently it was supposed to happen at some point, but scheduling-wise it didn't work out. Here's a video of Stephen talking about it (click on video #4 on the left).

I actually quite like Stephen's American accent... it sounds so "not him" if you know what I mean. I wish he'd use it more often!

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 4:45am Post subject: Would love to see Stephen Fry guest star on House, M.D.
Should happen, but probably won't. Which is a damn pity, for many, many reasons.

MerryMary

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 7:35pm Post subject: Would love to see Stephen Fry guest star on House, M.D.
I would like to see the combination of Fry, Laurie and Spader ( with a bit of Shatner for...dunno...off-the-wall-ness)in some medico-legal situation that brings all three together. Perhaps Spader defending House with Fry as the irritatingly cheerful prosecutor. Or Judge. Or Stephen as the "Bones" shrink or somesuch.

An argument can be made that Gregory House and Alan Shore are two sides of the same coin. Isolated, intellectually brilliant and emotionally challeged fellows who cannot succeed in love, are married to their work, and irritate their colleagues, yet tolerated because, in the end, they are exceptionally better at what they do than anyone else in their fields.

Aside from the two ideas I have for Fry, there are so many possibilities.

One wrench is that the television networks here, as a habit, do not allow actors under different studios work on projects outside the network and production
company while contracted to a particular series. Otherwise they are tied to filming these one hour, twenty-four episode seasons. Generally, they work 9 to 10 months per year. Some try to cram in a film duriing the break.

So, we have these two amazing, back to back Emmy winners who will probably not get the chance to work their characters together. I hope Fry gets a go with either or both.

McGrew

Posted Sun Nov 9th, 2008 4:44am Post subject: Would love to see Stephen Fry guest star on House, M.D.
"British actor STEPHEN FRY is cursing his busy schedule after it prevented him reuniting with his longtime BLACKADDER co-star HUGH LAURIE for a cameo role in hit US TV show HOUSE. Fry wanted to film a guest role opposite Laurie, who plays limping doctor GREGORY HOUSE in the hit programme. But he had to abandon the idea when he realised his workload conflicted with Laurie's filming schedule in Los Angeles. He says, "I threatened to play a man who had an even bigger limp than he does. I'd have been dragging my leg down corridors."

However, Fry was able to show up in several episodes of "Bones", playing an annoying psychiatrist. Both film in the Los Angeles area (but might have different schedules.)

If he were to appear on House, I suspect that Fry would somehow portray a man with limps in *both* legs

Charles