Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Sidthespid

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 5:29pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
I was hunting for the 'Polarity' game and god only knows how, I stumbled upon this little beauty. Well, I say 'beauty', but I think I meant 'wtf?'....

Stephen Fry alarm clock:

http://www.cityorg-pdq.co.uk/acatalog/Original_Gifts_Over__10.html

(Exhibit A 'tis 'bout 'alf way down the page meludd.)

Crikey! What next?

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 5:47pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
http://www.voco.uk.com/

This gives me immense pleasure.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

gjhsu

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 6:47pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
I've got one of those, and he wakes me up every week day.

It does recycle the same messages quite often, but every so often you'll get one that you've never heard before. Either way, still great.

sniffles

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 7:30pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
http://www.voco.uk.com/

This gives me immense pleasure.

*lol*
I WANT THIS!

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 7:33pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
Thanks for the link Fryfan, I had thought these were no longer available. Now to drop very unsubtle hints about Christmas presents!

PS Mods, can we have a hug smiley Pretty please?

That would be me.

Soph

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 8:19pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
It's one of the loveliest things I own. ^____^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z2h7sjkcI0

It repeats some here and there, usually the one about Tom Cruise, hehe. But that really doesn't matter 'cause thiers some hidden gems in there. I got such a surprise when I heard Jeeves sounding rather drunk. My first words murmured as I woke up may have been 'what the hell.'

Photobucket

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 8:30pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
I want that clock! No wait I want Jeeves! I want Jeeves to wake me up. ^_^ That would be perfect. How do you guys manage to get out of bed when the Jeeves clock goes off? I'd just want to go back to sleep and enter the world of dreams than wake up.

Assuming direct control...

gjhsu

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 9:40pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
I want that clock! No wait I want Jeeves! I want Jeeves to wake me up. ^_^ That would be perfect. How do you guys manage to get out of bed when the Jeeves clock goes off? I'd just want to go back to sleep and enter the world of dreams than wake up.

The patented Jeeves 'cough' wakes you up, then you smile at the message itself, falling back to sleep then.... *BEEP-BEEP BEEP-BEEP BEEP-BEEP*

The clock is very unforgiving. 'course, you can hit the button on it, to get an immediate 'thank you, sir.' and it shuts off.

Mandibles

Posted Sat Nov 22nd, 2008 12:29am Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
The clock is very unforgiving. 'course, you can hit the button on it, to get an immediate 'thank you, sir.' and it shuts off.

I never hit my clock, you simply can't do it. Even as my arm shoots out the duvet cave towards it...it inexplicably slows..then caresses along the smooth black top before pressing the button...then retreating back into the cave.

I am frighting myself now..

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Desdemona

Posted Sat Nov 22nd, 2008 2:28am Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
Why oh why didn't i see this earlyer..
it was my birthday 2 days ago.
Oh well..
christmass isn't that far off...

Skip Life and come with me?

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Nov 22nd, 2008 7:16am Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
I would love this clock but its too expensive. Certainly would crush the blare of my cell phone in quality.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

wooden_elf

Posted Sat Nov 22nd, 2008 8:10am Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
Oh God, I want one!! X-D

dawnbearer

Posted Mon Nov 24th, 2008 7:06am Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
I'm going to have to get that for Christmas.

Soph

Posted Mon Nov 24th, 2008 7:44pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
My Jeeves didn't wake me up this morning, I nearly missed my bus because of Jeeves' absence.
I suppose the batteries were dead, I was concerned all day though. I couldn't bare the thought of it being broken.

Photobucket

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Nov 24th, 2008 10:14pm Post subject: Would you like Jeeves to wake you in the morning?
My Jeeves didn't wake me up this morning, I nearly missed my bus because of Jeeves' absence.
I suppose the batteries were dead, I was concerned all day though. I couldn't bare the thought of it being broken.

Oh no it's not broken is it?

Assuming direct control...