Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

somebloke

Posted Sun Nov 26th, 2006 2:37pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
If you could press a button that stops the universe forever, would you press it?

You must press or not press the button, so it is a yes or no situation.

teenage_tragady

Posted Sun Nov 26th, 2006 5:38pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
could you not press the button and keep it for later and does it only affect you

Kari

Posted Sun Nov 26th, 2006 10:59pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
If you mean end all life as we know it.
NO. Heck no. Not my choice. I don't deserve to end everything and everyone else's life. To be responsible for the end of the universe? I'd have to be a pretty special person to do it. And I'm not. I'm just one in over six billion humans. And I'm one organism in Billions of Billions of living creatures.

AlanNotHim

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 5:50am Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
I pushed that button as a kid. It worked! We are still in the 80s. George Bush is still president. We are still at war with Iraq. Music is all vacuum and electronics.

Now I wish I hadn't.

\"Life is not all champaign. Sometimes it is real pain.\"

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 8:47am Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
No the universe is too interesting to destroy. Now if the button destroyed all the bad, unpleasant, cruel, evil people on this planet than probably yes even if I don't feel I don't really have the right to make that kind of decision.

Assuming direct control...

Saturn

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 10:29am Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
No, it wouldn't be fair on the people that actually enjoy life.

If I could draw a circle around myself and stop that from spinning then yes, but not for anyone else.

katysara

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 1:19pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
Ditto what Saturn said (he is so wise )

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

AlanNotHim

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 5:02am Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
It is now drifting backwards... We are heading back into the 60s.

\"Life is not all champaign. Sometimes it is real pain.\"

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 5:09am Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
No, of course not. That would be rather selfish, wouldn't it? Plus then you'd miss the good stuff (and there is good stuff)

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 1:46pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
If you mean blow up the Universe. Definitely no. Gees how much energy would that take anyway?
If you mean freeze the universe in it's current state (remembering it's expanding all the time). Also No. As I look for ward to seeing Haley's Comet spin past every 90 years or so, and I also enjoy the gravitational effects that a spinning planet and universe provides. Well, most of the time.
If you mean stop time... Well more hours in the day would come in handy, but a day that lasted indefinitely would start to annoy me after a while.
But I'll vote No, because even if I wanted to jump off the planet, I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.
Catchya
Pete

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 5:26pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
It is now drifting backwards... We are heading back into the 60s.

More like the 50s if television is anything to go by. There seems to be a growing trend in tv shows looking back at the 50s through rose tinted glasses whether it's regarding education, parenting, discipline, television or playing in general.

Assuming direct control...

ruthy

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 7:13pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
Can I just stop it for long enough to get out?

seasun545

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 9:01pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
I´d press the button only to stop...and turn back in time...I would change so so so many things!!! Oh, If everyone had the chance, for once in lifetime, to go back in time and change a thing, just one thing!!
What would you change??
I don´t think I could choose just one....

wildfire

Posted Fri Oct 5th, 2007 11:54pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
Personally, no. I missed Halleys comet by being six at the time and I fully intend to catch it in 2061. also, I suspect such a button might not have the desired effect. Here is Nicolas Gurewitch's take on the matter.

ruthy

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 8:55am Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
Personally, no. I missed Halleys comet by being six at the time and I fully intend to catch it in 2061. also, I suspect such a button might not have the desired effect. Here is Nicolas Gurewitch's take on the matter.

that's scary!