Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 12:26pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
Personally, no. I missed Halleys comet by being six at the time and I fully intend to catch it in 2061. also, I suspect such a button might not have the desired effect. Here is Nicolas Gurewitch's take on the matter.

that's scary!

It could be happening now! We could be in a never ending loop!

Did anyone see The Butterfly Effect?

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 12:39pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?

Hi Amyl,
Yes, I watched it many times over, and absolutely loved it.
Take care
oxo
Pete

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 1:24pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?

Hi Amyl,
Take care
oxo
Pete

I've only seen it once and thought it was really good. The ending was so freaky! I've heard there's a sequel but I'm not sure if it'll be worth seeing.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 3:03pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?

Hi Amyl,
Take care
oxo
Pete

I've only seen it once and thought it was really good. The ending was so freaky! I've heard there's a sequel but I'm not sure if it'll be worth seeing.
Oh yeh...The end was very freaky, and a little sad. The fact that Evan has to kill himself in order to have no longer existed... Not sure if that reads right
I heard that the sequal was not worth seeing ether. One day will rent it, or see it on cable though. Just for the heck of it.
Yake care,
oxo
Pete

Saturn

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 4:48pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?

Hi Amyl,
Take care
oxo
Pete

Oh yeh...The end was very freaky, and a little sad. The fact that Evan has to kill himself in order to have no longer existed... Not sure if that reads right
I heard that the sequal was not worth seeing ether. One day will rent it, or see it on cable though. Just for the heck of it.
Yake care,
oxo
Pete

Arrggghhh spoiler!

I hadn't seen the movie now I know what happens

Quick!! wipe my memory so I can't remember it...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 6:15pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
Spoilers for Butterfly Effect, don't read Saturn!

Hi Amyl,
Take care
oxo
Pete

Yake care,
oxo
Pete

Not only that but it turned out Evan was just one child of many with the same mother who had the same ability and killed themselves to end the madness.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 6:18pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
hey! you're spilling it all and Saturn hasn't seen it.

Britannicus

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 6:39pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?

Arrggghhh spoiler!

I think this is one of those movies with alternative endings. It didn't end like that when I saw it.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 6:50pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?

That's why I put a spoiler warning at the top of my post for him so he wouldn't read it.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 7:43pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?

That's why I put a spoiler warning at the top of my post for him so he wouldn't read it.

OH i see.
sorry.
slap me?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 7:55pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
More spoilers

Arrggghhh spoiler!

I think this is one of those movies with alternative endings. It didn't end like that when I saw it.

It did. There's several alternatives on the dvd but the one pete and I mentioned is the one that's what's the word? 'proper' and the others are the ones they filmed but decided they didn't like them. Like the one where Evan had clearly not learnt his lesson and went after the girl again or the one where he saw her and talked to her but he'd learnt his lesson so moved on.

Saturn

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 8:59pm Post subject: Would you stop the universe if you could?
Damnit! my bad me stupid no read all of thread :-//

I've watched a bit of that film, the first half hour or so but the it started getting really disturbing with child abuse and stuff and I couldn't watch it any more.