Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

obsidio

Posted Sun Dec 6th, 2009 11:50am Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

Greetings people,

I was never particularly active on this forum but I have come here today to mention a project of mine that some of you may appreciate, I have turned a collection of my thoughts into action and established an online presence for myself that I feel (bizarrely) has some more permanence to it than the usual facebook/twitter/myspace extravanzas.

I am currently using it to publish my own writings, and the work of a young woman who is sadly no longer with us but left a canon of powerful poetry spanning ten years.

I am essentially striking out and finding my own way in the online environment. If anyone feels that what I am doing is good, bad or ugly please let me know because I am young, inexperienced and nyeave. Having said that I am also fairly intelligent, sharp and confident in myself. Both sets of adjectives are true. I would like to hear from you if you can relate to me, or what I say or if you have any advice.

Peace,

Cam

Nitro

Posted Sun Dec 6th, 2009 5:20pm Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

That's the firt time I've seen 'nieve' spelled as 'nyeave'.

Mind if I borrow it?

Many people post their writings online in a variety of ways. Why shouldn't you?

If it's critique or guidance you're looking for though, you might do some searching around online for forums or sites that specifically are focused on propelling the aspiring writer along. And usually there's physically located 'writers workshops' in just about any city worldwide that you can participate in.

If you're interested in getting published or the actual *business* of writing, that's a kind of different topic than writing itself.

My only 'advice' would be: do not EVER pay ANYONE to publish your work or be your agent

Have fun

Really? Wow.

obsidio

Posted Mon Dec 7th, 2009 12:08pm Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

Thankyou for your advice. It's much appreciated.

Your welcome to miss spell naive as much as you like

Nitro

Posted Tue Dec 8th, 2009 2:16am Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

"Your welcome to miss spell naive as much as you like [:lol:]"

Thank you for your generous encouragement. If anyone gives me problems about it, I'll refer them back to you

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Tue Dec 8th, 2009 11:42am Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

Nayeev?

I wonder how many ways you can spell this word wrongly?

Ni-eev.

As you can see I am twitchy and bored.

Nitro

Posted Tue Dec 8th, 2009 2:09pm Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

Being twitchy and bored is basic to my nature.

I hope you're not implying it's something bad to be. If you are, I'm going to eat all this candy I was going to send you.

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Tue Dec 8th, 2009 4:06pm Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

Someone stole my avatar and posted a message implying that being twitchy and bored is a bad thing.

This person has now been arrested.

I think being twitchy and bored is just bloody splendid.

(Tito puts THIS on and awaits her candy)

http://www.lullabyebaby.com/images/58943_Sweet_As_Can_Be_Bitsy_Baby_Bib.jpg

Nitro

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 5:06am Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

I just KNEW someone had been posing as you.

I only eated a few pieces of the candy. Here's the rest. I hope your ducky bib can handle it:

http://www.turbophoto.com/Free-Stock-Images/Images.....20Bars.jpg

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 10:01am Post subject: Writings on being young and having an active mind in modern society.

For having faith in me I insist that you keep ONE of those candy bars for yourself.

Best calories, Tito