Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PeterNorman

Posted Thu Sep 16th, 2010 3:33pm Post subject: myFry app

Hello!

Will The Fry Chronicles apps for iPhone and iPad ever be released to the Canadian iTunes Store? If so, does anyone have an ETA? Its called myFry in the UK iTunes Store but my searches have turned up nothing on the Canadian iTunes Store as of 100916.

Is there an ETA for the Kindle Edition of The Fry Chronicles at Amazon.com for Canadian customers?

Thanks very much!
peter

tossayo

Posted Sat Sep 25th, 2010 11:16pm Post subject: myFry app

In one of his blog posts, he mentioned that the book is available in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, which are all part of the commonwealth, for some coincidental reason .

Anyway, I was able to find the book on Kobo (which has its own reader and an iPhone app), but I don't know where else to get it in Canada. Hope that helped.

Carlos Cordero

Posted Sun Sep 26th, 2010 7:59am Post subject: myFry app

Just checked and myFry app is available in the NZ iTunes store available for iPhone. I am using iTunes 10.0.1 (22) - today's update.

Hope you will find it now.

PeterNorman

Posted Sun Sep 26th, 2010 1:39pm Post subject: myFry app

Thank-you Tossayo and Carlos!

I hadn't considered Kobo at all! Wow, my face is red now! I stupidly dismissed Kobo (and its iPhone/iPad reader) back when it was announced because I ASSUMED copyright issues would prevent timely availability of ANY books in Canada - even if it allowed for them at all; my experience with Canada vs U.S. availability at Amazon's Kindle Store coloured my expectations of Kobo. I'm an idiot.

I just checked the Chapters website (www.chapters.ca) and found The Fry Chronicles ebook (in Kobo format) for $17. Woohoo! I'm so happy!

I also read the remark in Stephen's blog about the book being published simultaneously in Canada - but as of 26 Sept 2010, the hardcover is only available for pre-order in Canada via Amazon (even though they state the release date is 13 September). The myFry app is not available in the Canadian iTunes Store as of 26 Sept 2010, either.

Thanks again for the information Tossayo and Carlos! You rock the most!

I'm off to read The Fry Chronicles in the Kobo reader on my iPad.

peter

montsnmags

Posted Thu Sep 30th, 2010 9:00am Post subject: myFry app

Unfortunately the MyFry for iPad app doesn't appear to be available in the Australian store as yet (though the iPhone app and the ebook are available here).

I'm curious, is the iPad app (which I note is available in the UK store) the same as or similar to the iPhone app, or is it more like the straight ebook? The iPhone app arouses my curiosity, where normally an ebook-as-app might not, but I'd prefer it in iPad form.