Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 7:40am Post subject: I give up
... the title of Mr Fry´s third blog entry.

I was soooo keen to read on and clicked on the "continue" link, waited for the "loading" to end... and got an "error on page" message more than once...

I give up, too :'(

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 8:49am Post subject: I give up
I was able to read it without any hiccups and once more thoroughly enjoyed it. So many things to discuss and talk about. Lovely American Frymasons, keep your cameras ready to win that competition
I know what he is talking about when he describes that for him writing used to be connected with smoking. I'm not smoking, but whenever I have to write lengthy manuscripts I cannot stop eating, preferably sweets
Oh, and he mentioned a documentary on Gutenberg that is yet to be aired on BBC. Sounds great
Don't give up, Gerti!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 10:38am Post subject: I give up
I was able to read it without any hiccups and once more thoroughly enjoyed it. So many things to discuss and talk about. Lovely American Frymasons, keep your cameras ready to win that competition
I know what he is talking about when he describes that for him writing used to be connected with smoking. I'm not smoking, but whenever I have to write lengthy manuscripts I cannot stop eating, preferably sweets
Oh, and he mentioned a documentary on Gutenberg that is yet to be aired on BBC. Sounds great
Don't give up, Gerti!

I´ll give up for the time being, only to try again at HOME (probably our IT people working their magic to keep people focused on their work X-D )

I don´t even need the challenge of writing lengthy manuscripts to get me into the "stuff yourself with chocolate" mood If it worked equally well in the reverse, I´d be churning out lengthy manuscrips on a continuous basis...

But now I look forward to reading the third entry EVEN MORE, Soupy, and I can concentrate on my work EVEN LESS - that should teach IT how counterproductive some of their "blockings" are

That must be the documentary on The Machine That Made Us (or similar title), so it WAS the printing press

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 1:02pm Post subject: I give up
try clicking on the title words (i give up) instead.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 1:30pm Post subject: I give up
try clicking on the title words (i give up) instead.

:-// :-// it WORKS, thanks for the advice banjo (I feel so unspeakably stupid, why did I not try that out myself ? I am hopeless )
Still, no time to read the blessay now, aaargh!

whattocallmyself

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 4:20pm Post subject: I give up
hmpf!
the link must have broke during the day, because this morning I could read the blog but had not time, now, when time is more than enough, I only get 404 messages..

Onwards and Upwards!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 6:00pm Post subject: I give up
Nearly missed the Blog today, i've stopped going to the homepage. Thankfully i looked on the IMDB board I will get a cup of tea and have a read

Chatter Box

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 8:11pm Post subject: I give up
got it first time, suppose the trick is not to upload too early.....
fascinating stuff, being a self confessed adict I can see exactly where Mr Fry is coming from, sir you have my admiration for kicking the habit(s), smoking and drink was easy for me grew out of the binge drinking culture by the time I was 22 and cigarettes by 23, oh but how I loved that nicorette gum became more addicted to that than the fags......

food and sweeties and chocolate not so easy, whenever I slip into a low I pop to the shop, I'm a terrible infulence on my 12yr old, it does not stop there either I eat to comiserate & celebrate :-// fortunately I'm not 30st but could certainly do with shedding a few hey ho what can a girl do.... anyone out there got any other ideas on how to reward yourself - keep it clean though

Looking forward to the new TV series, America what a fascinating continent so much to see and experience, one day I will do the same thing for real, for now I will enjoy watching

whattocallmyself

Posted Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 8:27pm Post subject: I give up
Hello, my name is Whattocallmyself? and I'm an addict to.

Onwards and Upwards!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2007 3:07am Post subject: I give up
Hello, my name is Whattocallmyself? and I'm an addict to.

HELLO WHATTOCALLMYSELF!

would you like some cookies?

whattocallmyself

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2007 6:21am Post subject: I give up
X-D

Onwards and Upwards!

seasun545

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2007 9:48am Post subject: I give up
Shit, same problem here, can´t get in the blog, just error messages....you are making me jealous!!
Anyway....I´l try till my fingerprint fades!!!....

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2007 11:24am Post subject: I give up
Newbie alert

Please forgive me and excuse any gauche-ness, I am new here and usually spend my time lurking around forums and blogs rather than participating. However...........

I too found myself unable to read Mr. Fry's lovely new 'blessay' yesterday evening. Incredibly frustrating and maddening to be teased with an opening morsel in the newly re-arranged blog presentation. As my synapses salivated in anticipation of dopaminergic delight, my Mac book was protesting loudly, fans whirring, daisy wheel spinning at the message, "Loading"! Trying to circumvent the problem by clicking on the '95 Responses' or the 'Continue reading' icons, resulted only in 'Error...' messages about being unable to contact the server'
So, I resorted to playing computer Scrabble after reasoning that Mr. Fry's popularity was probably overloading the bandwidth.....it is the same with Youtube when there is no football or soaps to mop up the masses.

This morning, success! Delayed Gratification pays off! I think that this 'Blessay' (perhaps more of a 'Blisquisition' if the neologism is a play on the word disquisition?) is the best so far. I am looking forward to seeing this trans-America black-cab tour. It makes me yearn for the second home of my youth: Tiburon, Sausalito, Mendocino........ Ohh, ye gods and little fishes! How I miss California. (But I don't miss the cramped 9 or 10 hour flight!).

Would those little Fry elves that help behind the dot.com scenes in 'Stephen Fry - The Blog' possibly re-consider the pros and cons of showing only the first few paragraphs of a post? Please? My poor little Mac can't cope with competing with all those other Fry fans clamoring for the highly addictive "wafer-thin mint" (s) generously offered to us by the sesquipedalian Stephen.

P.S. The Monty Python reference is not a reference to bodily size, merely a comparison with the intellectual morsels ( these blessays) from Mr. Fry's planet sized intellect and generous nature. X-D

Jessica1090

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2007 11:31am Post subject: I give up
To Comment The Actual Blog, Do You Have To Be Registered Elsewhere? It Simply Will Not Let Me Anywhere Near The Comment Page. Most Annoying!!

Oh, And 'I Give Up' is Most Certainly The Best Blog Yet! Keep Them Coming....

John Miller

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2007 12:48pm Post subject: I give up
Hi Stephen,

Sorry that I did not get out to the airport to see you and the crew off. Everyone here in Eastport, America sincerely enjoyed your visit and we hope all of you return. I hope you see this because I have news about the Happy Crab. It burned the night of the day you all left. Jeff and Leslie are OK... but shaken. They were just minutes from being engulfed in flames. The fire was mostly in the kitchen... but so hot it melted the large TV screen that we all watched World-Cup Rugby on. They are living in the cottage at Motel East for the moment. The entire town was there yesterday to help rebuild.

All the best my friend, John Miller