Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Sep 18th, 2006 5:54pm Post subject: Welcome
Welcome to the stephenfry.com Forum. The forum is open to visitors and fans alike and we welcome all comments and discussions. Please register first to join in.

There are no rules for posting on this Forum. We only ask for tolerance towards others and their views. Please feel free to discuss anything in this spirit.

If you would like to add a category to the Forum, please post a message and we'll add it if appropriate. We welcome suggestions.

Should there be any rude messages posted to Forum users or to this site's namesake, then we reserve the right to suspend or cancel membership.

Best wishes and happy posting,

Administrator, stephenfry.com

Ptitsa

Posted Wed Sep 20th, 2006 9:02pm Post subject: Welcome
Dear admin, I think it would be nice to make a section for technical questions and problems because inevitably every forum has some. You'd also better give some e-mail by which people can contact forum's administration - in case they're not registered, for example, and can't send PMs.

ClareBear

Posted Wed Sep 20th, 2006 9:10pm Post subject: Welcome
Both decent ideas...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Sep 21st, 2006 2:58am Post subject: Welcome
Thanks guys, appreciate the thought. Will look into it.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Sep 21st, 2006 3:38am Post subject: Welcome
This forum is a joy and I thank the creators for their wonderful efforts. Stephen Fry is amazing and I look forward to gushing about him.

Some categories I'd like to suggest are...

TV Shows
Discuss all the brilliant shows Stephen has been part of.

Films
Just like the "TV Shows" forum . . . except different.

Pictures & Artwork
This could include screencaps of His Fryness from TV, film, awards shows, social events, basically anything and everything. Also, I know that some of his fans are astounding at art, so this would give them a place to sparkle and shine.

Poetry
Stephen's a big poetry buff, so maybe we could post some of our favorite poems here. Perhaps we could even practice the poetry exercises in The Ode Less Travelled.

Personal Encounters
Has anyone ever met Stephen? Tell us all about it!

All the Words
This may sound wacky, but some of us like to transcribe interviews Stephen has done. Some of us even enjoy typing out entire tv shows. *cough* http://www.qitranscripts.com *cough* Those with a fondness for Stephen's voice and typing could partake.

Hmmm, as soon as I hit "Submit" I'll think of 78 more, but I'm getting sleepy. And I've suggested enough nonsense anyway.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Sep 21st, 2006 3:41am Post subject: Welcome
LOL I see you've beaten/whipped/lashed me in re the TV & Film categories.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Sep 21st, 2006 11:24pm Post subject: Welcome
Thanks to you for your suggestions and support. We will definately add some new catagories in the coming days. Also, at this stage we're going to continue to Admin the site but of course, as we get know everyone on here, we'll look at getting some help should we need it from you.

Thanks again.

Canzonett

Posted Fri Sep 22nd, 2006 12:04am Post subject: Welcome
How about a category roughly titled "The Voice", which might encompass discussions about SF's achievements in the acoustic field (audiobooks - already mentioned several time in different threads of this forum - and radio work)?

Lovely Jane

Posted Fri Sep 22nd, 2006 12:09am Post subject: Welcome
hello admin

as someone who has been webmistress to a small but quite frequented little forum (not about Stephen but about stupid cheating pofessional cyclists) for some years, I would highly recommend some other/new/more smilies.

I know, that -normally- you should be able to express everything you want to say with written words - and every reader should be able to understand the meaning including such strange things as humor, irony or even sarcasm - just the reality looks a bit different *ahem*

so, perhaps you could consider including some of the followiing smilies?

:iknowsir:
:ilikestephen:
:poetry:
:sigh:
:windows: (I bet Stephen likes this)
:belgium: (okay, this is mean! - in my forum it's called :bye: with: "so long and thanks for all the fish" added)
:haha:
:youwait:
:faint: (as far as I know Stephen-fans - they will need this one....! )
:phone: ahem something for Stephen personal (as concluded from reading various interviews with the master... )
:qi:
:jippieh:
well... perhaps tasteless - but supposedly stephens funeral in about 50 years
:fly:
:senseless: really without sense.. but I like him having some private fun in the bottle
:baeh:
:gotcha:
:grmpf:
:mecry:
:hehe:
:badboy:

well... there are more but I'll stop here :swanlake:

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Sep 22nd, 2006 1:36am Post subject: Welcome
Thanks for the suggest. Any chance of reduced list? We'd like things to remain simply in here. Definately no to the funeral emoticon

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Sep 22nd, 2006 3:41am Post subject: Welcome

:belgium: (okay, this is mean! - in my forum it's called :bye: with: "so long and thanks for all the fish" added)

X-D Yeah, you're going to hell

Lovely Jane

Posted Fri Sep 22nd, 2006 10:34am Post subject: Welcome
Thanks for the suggest. Any chance of reduced list? We'd like things to remain simply in here.

Okay, I'll be serious this time:

better =>

X-D
=> or
or
:'(
or perhaps

good additions would be:

and of course:

ClareBear

Posted Fri Sep 22nd, 2006 11:04am Post subject: Welcome
The following is essential:

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Sep 22nd, 2006 1:57pm Post subject: Welcome
It goes without saying that the Soup Twist emoticon will be added. We've been reading your blog for sometime....

Canzonett

Posted Fri Sep 22nd, 2006 2:13pm Post subject: Welcome
Apropos soupy twist: Could be nicely combined with a recipe section ...